Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Some embarrassing moments... : )


I look back and laugh at these really embarrassing moments…


This incident took place when I was in the second grade and I am still shamed of it. One uncle used to visit us often, he was appa’s senior. He was an old man, a bachelor. He would come over for dinner sometimes. He would play cricket with me, I would throw the plastic ball and he would bat with a register. One day, I told him “I know why you visit us so frequently.”. He asked me why. And I told him “Because you get free dinner here”. I am so ashamed of myself. Uncle took it sportingly, but appa didn’t and shouldn’t have because it was a big mistake. That was one big lesson for me and he never visited us again. (Some of you might have already read this in my Childhood post).


This was when I was in the fifth grade. School had just reopened after the summer vacations. It was the art class and our art teacher asked us how many of us had been abroad during the vacations. Well, nearly the entire class raised their hands. Feeling left out and inferior, I raised my hand too! When it was my turn to say where I had been and how my experience was, I smartly said New Zealand, thinking that it was a “different” destination, and I could say anything about it and no one would know.


Well, the catch here?! My art teacher had taught in New Zealand for fifteen years before he joined us! His face lit up when I said New Zealand, and he asked me about God-knows-what places there! I was in a soup. I somehow ‘managed’ the situation by saying that it was appa’s business trip, and that we didn’t move out of the hotel at all!! I guess somewhere he realized that I was lying and didn’t probe further. He he ;D


I have this habit of telling amma everything that happened in school including my friends’ love lives or ‘crush lives’, so to say : )


Once we went on a school trip, and A (name changed…….obviously :) was the person handling everything, a manager of sorts.


I there with my two friends B and C. B and C were classmates, I was in a different section. Now, C liked A (who was an uncle! ; ) A liked to eat tomatoes in the salad form. C who hated tomatoes in any form, started eating them only because A likes them. C told B and me about her liking for A. Now, the trip was over, and C was over with A….well, she had no choice!


Amma and I met B in a market. There, amma asked B if C was still fond of tomatoes!! That easily wins the race for being the most embarrassing moment ever for me! Huh!


My friend M (a guy) had a crush on a girl whom we used to refer to as Essel World for reasons I would not like to disclose here ;P. M and me stayed in the same locality. Once, after a mock exam, M’s mother offered to drop me home. I was too happy. On the way, I asked aunty if she had ever been to Essel World (the one in Mumbai!).God! That was embarrassing and I still regret it. Aunty said nothing, she must have thought I am a little crazy. Imagine, if someone asks you, out of the blue, if you’ve been to Essel World!!


M was really angry with me and aunty never offered to drop me home after that : )


These were just some of the most embarrassing moments. Hope you had as much fun reading it as I had writing it! As and when, more such things happen, I'll keep you updated! : ) What's your most embarrassing moment??!


26 comments:

S said...

nice 1.. plannin to go to new zealand for vacations.. ? :P

Anwesa said...

funny indeed!!d 1st incident topped d charts!

Faith Lasts said...

hehe interesting post.. Naah can't think of any!
I am a pretty bindaas child :)))

Anonymous said...

you make a great conversationist...


embarASSing monents?

1)me caught running around the college boy's hostel Naked... and my seniors taking pictures of me and showing it to the girls...
( became very popular among the girls after that)

2) when my workmate suspected me for someone else farting in office.

Tara said...

Yes S! I have decided, that once I start earning my first vacation will be to New Zealand, and after that I will get in touch with my art teacher, and talk to him about it! ;D

Tara said...

He he Anwesa! I know it's funny, an innocent remark. God, I am such a fool! I still feel sad :(

Tara said...

Thanks Bhawana! Bindaas child huh? Nice :) Cheers!

Tara said...

Thanks Chriz! You are the first one to have said that! Oh boy! Now that's what is called 'the perfect embarrassing moment'! LOLZ ! ;P

Nikkita mathur said...

hehe
INTERESTING..

new zealand..hehe :P

well to talk about my embarassing moments..there are quite a few..but the only one coming to my mind is this one..

me and 7more frnz of mine..we went to a theatre to watch bhool bhulaiya...since the movie was un-jheleble..:P..me and one of my frnz..we started talking and landed up into a li'l fight..which eventually grew..so much so that his glasses flew in the air..and landed in a gurlz lap sitting in the row behind...

all the faces turned to us..n we embaressed dint knew how to react..so to cover up ourselves we started searching his glasses jus wen the gurl stood up and asked "is this yours..??"
hehe n rest is history...we were so embarassed..i wanted to go into a cocoon rite then..n neva cum out..but well...it was embarassing then..but now wen i recall it i land up laughing my hearts out..

hehe
anyways..
lets see wat others hav to say...
love:nickku

Priya Joyce said...

ha ha those were reely embarassing re

mujhe toh hansi aayi padhkar.


and ye first one was a li'l serious

bechara uncle re
koi nahi u were a kid re :)

the rest were like too funny

Praveen said...

hahahhaa...many ppl wont reveal their embarassing moments;)
had a hearty laugh:D

Phoenix said...

lol!

girl u really rock... to come up with all your embaressing moments can be really tough at times... :)

but the uncle incident was soo tongue in cheek thing

loved this post

Tara said...

Thanks Niccku! Un-jheleble...he he funny ;D Smart kids both of you, accha sambhaal liya dono ne! Pretty embarrassing for sure! :)

Tara said...

Thanks PJ! That's exactly what this post was meant for, sharing my laughs! And I am glad, I was successful! Haan, the first one was a little serious, but it was a big mistake for sure :( Glad you liked it! :)

Tara said...

He he Praveen ;) May be many won't reveal their embarrassing moments, but I trust you guys enough to reveal mine :) I am glad you found them funny, it was to be a light post, just to have a laugh! He he..;D

Tara said...

Thanks Raka! Waise, these are not all my embarrassing moments, couldn't remember the many others in time for this post! He he ;) Yeah, the uncle one was tongue-in-cheek, but I was a bachcha then :\ Thanks anyways! Loved your comment!

Express said...

haha! :-)

embarrased all the time man! now i ve lost tract :-P

I rem, being on stage once in front of the whole skool, with my uniform worn the other way round :-D

:-D :-D :-D

Tara said...

Awww! Must have been awful! Same pinch! Me too embarrassed most of the times!

Poshin_david said...

Sorry i dont really wanna say.


And by the way awesome poem u wrote ,

Not, how did he die,
But, how did he live?

Not, how did he die
But, what did he give?

Not, what was his station,
But, had he a heart?

And how did he play
His God-given part?

These are the units
To measure the worth

Of a man, as a man
Regardless of birth.


You just got another viewer.(first time I'm coming to your blog and likeing it)

Keep on blogging and if your free
check mine out at,
http://christopherdavid007.blogspot.com/

Tara said...

Hi Poshin! As for the poem, I know it's a lovely piece but unfortunately I haven't written it! I have this habit of collecting good quotes and poems, and I found this one there. It's by an anonymous poet. It went well with the meaning of Chriz's post so I quoted it! Anyway, I am glad you liked it! :)

PS. I felt the need to clarify because I wouldn't want to steal someone's credit :)

Thanks and keep coming. :)

gaurangi said...

heheee
it was fantastic....free dinner right???

Tara said...

Yes Gaurangi! Ahaan....I feel so bad about that! :( Humph...

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

hehehheheh C like an uncle ??????
very few people would actually come out in the open with their embarrasing moments.
one of my embarrasing moments??
me n my best frnd went 2 c gangster , there was this couple besides us who kept on smooching , my frnd couldn't control herself & was gaping at them , when suddenly that guy broke apart & said " ye log itna ghoor kyu rahe hai " ( why are these ppl staring at us )
hehhe thats when we went back to watching kiss hashmi on screen .

Tara said...

Thanks Amrita! That's really so embarrassing, can get pretty bad! :)

Aneesh said...

WOW! superb! THis is what I like. Real life experience. Quite funny too. Hi hI.
Wait till I post my kid craps :)

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! Looking forward to your kid craps! :)