Friday, October 17, 2008

Teary eyed...


After Chriz’s and Praveen’s posts, I have been really stirred up inside.


This post is written in complete darkness, it’s 1 in the night and my pen runs over a piece of paper forming a garland of alphabets.


I was thinking, if one day, on my death bed and a few breaths away from eternal peace, a child comes up to me and asks,


“You’ve been on this beautiful planet for so-and-so years and it has given you so much. How much have you given it?”


I wouldn’t want to be searching for words.


I would ideally want to give a gentle content smile and sleep…….


22 comments:

Poshin_david said...

First one to comment.
I dunno what I'l answer too.
Maybe I'll be quiet. A little too quiet.
Maybe I made the world a better place by blogging? You have done the same I suppose. Enriching lives with teary eyes is a good answer.


If you are free check out my new blog post on Things to Ponder and write what you think.
By the way, since you collect quotes and poems, Do you have this one (Cant remember the name) by Arthur Hugh sumthing. It's really good.

Usha Pisharody said...

It should be the silence of that contentment, ideally :) But I know I'd grope for words to articulate, or maybe at that point I shall not.

I hope I do not:)

I like this post for the way it stirs me, inside, too.

Tara said...

Thanks Poshin! I will try to find out the quote you were talking about, will have to check. Yeah, may be we are making the world a better place by blogging but there's still lots of scope for improvement na? If each one of us does their little bit, the world will be a little better! Just extend you hand! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Ushaji! Yes, it should be the silence of the contentment. There's a long distance to be covered to reach that contentment, and I hope all of us are able to reach it in this lifetime :) Thanks!

Anya said...

poshin is my little cousin bro...
a budding blogger in the making..

keep smiling and make others smile.. thats the simple funda

Tara said...

Yeah Chriz! True. Keep smiling and make others smile. Nice and simple funda :) BTW, Poshin's really blogging material! Your little brother...sweet! Thanks! :)

Aneesh said...

It is applicable to all of us. We cannot simply give something back to the planet just like that. We born here and we'll die here. So, there is no rule that we should give something back and we are too powerless to give it back anything it needs. Only thing we can do is to stop asking for more.
:)

Poshin_david said...

Thanx Chriz for interducing your cousin bro.

Praveen said...

if U have lived your life without disturbing others, that itself is an achievement. If u have lived your life spreading happiness all around, that is just great. And if you have done anything more than that, then u r perfect..

Priya Joyce said...

Tara this is such a touching post dear ...wat do I say ..I too am sorrounded by many such questions..and wen I think of answering ur quest I feel its just nothing good at all all tat I hav done is be a contributer to all the cruelties dun to our planet...

ah! disappointments all around..

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

:) i don't know what to say , the last line summed it all.

Anonymous said...

haha
and check my latest post tara.. movie.. one minute video.. hope it wud make u laff

Diana Sahu said...

Ahhh...made me think....If somebody asks me this.....will sit n think about it....

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! That's an entirely new perspective! And that's a nice thought

"Only thing we can do is to stop asking for more."

But we can make an effort to give back the planet something atleast. It's our precious home, it's our responsibility to look after our homes. Yes, we are too powerless to give it back anything, but we can make an effort! It doesn't cost much. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Praveen! Beautiful words :) The simple truth of life, if everyone follows what you say, the world would be even more beautiful, wouldn't it? Beautiful, truly! Thanks for such a lovely thought! I'll aim to reach that level of perfection! Thanks! :)

Tara said...

Yes PJ! Knowingly or unknowingly, we have contributed to this rampant problem. And it's time for redemption! Just our little share in making this world a better place :)

Tara said...

Thanks Amrita! Yes, a gentle content smile....

Tara said...

Thanks Diana! Yes, the intention was to make you think and just look back! I am glad it fulfilled its purpose!

S said...

so u've started out on d lines of self retrospection... good. welcome on board...

We can very much contrbute our teeny weeny bit to this planet/society whatever u call it... in whatever tiny way we can..

jus a suggestion.. y don't u use blogging as a platform to start out on that..? think think... u can..

Cheers..!!
S

P.S: Ur blogrolled... :)

Tara said...

Self retrospection yes! Sounds so cool :) Thanks so much for the suggestion S, yes am thinking of something! Thanks S, you have been blogrolled already! ;)

prophetofpain619 said...

u know...
this dznt have to do with the blog of urs but..something very interesting...
i kinda already know your style of talkin/writin n somehow i GET to know
that its you who's writin.. and i can
sometimes tell what ur gonna write..
for instance ""When we were born, God or whoever is up there if there is anyone at all""
wen i read this i knew u wud end it the way u did.."if there is anyone at all".. thats so like u!
The skeptical one! :)

Tara said...

He he Prophet ji! I think I can make out who you are! Someone I know very well, at least I think I do! ;D Anyway, thanks and keep coming back! :)