Saturday, October 4, 2008

I Me Myself



CAUTION: This post is long and can seem irritating at times. This being my 25th post, I wanted it to be Tara Uncensored. This is an unedited post, so please forgive me if I appear disoriented in places.


This is the way I think. This is the way I am.


A new light is breaking.


Change is continuity, a ceaseless flux. Change is life. Change can be growth. Change is everything.


As the Vedanta says, “Man renews himself every time he links himself with the Divine residing in his heart”. The Divine is you in your purest form. Your soul. Your conscience.


It is there in YOU, deep inside.


To connect with oneself, the divine in us, perhaps, is possible when we fail. Failure is that one thing that triggers change. When a battle is lost. When tears are cried. When a heart is broken. When a dream is shattered.


Failure makes you look up your armory, and understand why you lost the battle. Throw away the ineffective weapons and equip it with the deadliest ones. Then fight another battle and dream another dream.


It is the same with human qualities and emotions. What is not of use, throw it and imbibe those which you feel would help win the mind’s battle the next time around. Those which would help on a long term basis.


Change gives us that important chance to start anew, to refresh our life’s page. Failure is that license to start afresh, leaving everything behind and starting something new.


To live just one life in one life. Naah! That’s just not me.


This Tara I know is new. I don’t know if she’s improved, if she is better than the earlier edition, but she is different for sure.


I have broken some paradigms. Of others. Of myself. The attitude is new. The feel of fresh air. The warmth of a new sun. It’s me but it’s not me. There is a new found vigor, a vibrancy, a gait in the walk, a new smile, a new mind.


An enthusiasm to live, not just breathe.


Understood the worth of some people. The trivialness of many others. The value of relationships. The value of “being there”. The value of being honest to oneself. The value of everything.


Yes, some dreams got shattered. But my most cherished and the important dream is still there, alive and kicking. That is my aim. I have smaller dreams to take me closer to “that” dream. They would lead me there. The place where I want to be.


I have lost my faith in a few things. Started believing more in myself. Writing my own destiny. My own story.


It’s strange what time does to people. In such a short while…..


I liked what I was then. I love what I am now. I don’t know what I’ll be tomorrow.


As Proust says, “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes but in having new eyes” and as Ralph Blum says, “Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings”,


I am seeing the world through a new pair of eyes and I like what I see. But most importantly, I love the new eyes and the person who is watching.

36 comments:

Priya Joyce said...

lovely post for the jubilee and gr8 thots shared dear simply luved the post.

Tara said...

Hey thanks PJ!! Am glad you liked it because it's very hatke from my natural style of writing. Cheers! :)

Sakshi Arora said...

And that's what matters in the end. We all grow with time ("evolving" is what i call it); we change, for the better or the worse and the bottom line is to like the end result of that change.

That achieved, world is a better place to live in.

Cheerio big blogger(25 ho gaye yaar ab toh..)!

And the post wasnt that long..
Chill.
S.

P.S.--i cant thank you enough for that award! Thanks!

Tara said...

Hey thanks Sakshi! Yup, evolution. Change can be growth, it is optional.

It's like I am the sculptor and I am the wet clay. Moulding myself into what I want to be.

C'mon yaar, award ko deserve karti hai tu! Nt don't be all miss modesty alright! LOLZZZ...

S said...

d divine s within us.. n we're in no way diff from him... well said... essence of Advaitha... :)

connectin wid him.. happens when we fail..but that self realisation that he exists right within.. happens... with a lot of effort.. n a guru who can guide us there...!!
n wen tat happens.. there's nuthin more to b achieved in life thereafter..everythin else'll seem immaterial....

GR8 POST.. GOOD LUCK...
Cheers...!!

Rajesh said...

Oh!!!! 25 done??? Well...I've missed many of them :( :(

Well...as for this post, i did like it..reasons are simple...it was straight from ur heart and it was what u got intuitively...there was spice n stuff...straight from ur heart...so always nice 2 read such posts...

things happen in life...we learn from ourselves...wat we learned, where we went wrong...where we were good...so it was really good..

Kudos on the 25th post...way to go!!!

Priya Joyce said...

doesn't seem tat its hatke any more as u r into it now.

Tara said...

Hey thanks S! Am glad you liked it! Sweet comment!

But have never been too fond of gurus anyway, I don't know why...somewhere they make me biased about "their" existence. Spirituality is something no one can teach really, it's something so abstract and personal, that it's really how you interpret things and want them to be, rather than seeing and believing in some one else's perception. Thats what I think.

Thanks :)
Tara

Tara said...

Thanks Rajesh!

This was one post I didn't write on paper, my fingers went clut-clut on the keyboard directly. After posting it, when I read it, I didn't quite like the end product. I wasn't too happy. But this is the real me. And I wanted the world to know it.

You don't have to say "I liked it" all the time unless the post really deserved it! It's really OK, and I am very open to positive criticism.

Cheers :)
Tara

Tara said...

Yup PJ! I like this style of writing. Short sentences. Phrases actually. It creates a dramatic effect. Emphatic.

Anwesa said...

so a self-introspection on 25th post!nice...

Tara said...

Thanks buddy! Self-introspection, wow it sounds so cool...

Aneesh said...

Nice uncensored thoughts..
What you mentioned happens in almost all people's life. Change was there, is there and will be there. I like the sentence "I have lost my faith in a few things. Started believing more in myself. Writing my own destiny. My own story. "

That's exactly what happened to me too..
it really is strange what time does to people.. like this post very much. your 25th post was wonderful.. congrats and keep writing

Usha Pisharody said...

There's a deep down unputdownable [it's a real word for me:)] honesty and wisdom, lived, in this post.

I like the way you write. Makes one want to nod, and go hmmm...:) and therefore connect, very easily.

You've got a really easy natural style of writing! A real lioness in the way you rightfully take pride in being "I me Myself":)
Keep going! God Bless!

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! Am glad you liked it! Really change is the only constant, and I understand its meaning perfectly now : )

Its this change that makes life so interesting, a roller coster ride.

Thanks Aneesh!

Tara said...

Thank you so much Usha! I am really touched by your comment, I am glad you liked it!

And this coming from you is just icing on the cake because I know how beautifully you write :)

Thanks so much! Take Care

Tara :)

Nikkita mathur said...

aahaann!!1
25 completed??..ur a big gurl now..hehe!!
congratz re!!!
n about this post..this seriusly is not-tara-kinda post..but still it is as good as any other...

its'full-on attitude'...its direct..its short..(yup it is)..n it iss sweet...too...all in one post..thatz the beauty of taraz writing...
change is alwazz for better i believe..though um not very changeable myself..wen it cums to my attitude..but i guess this change seems a lot happier for you...
gr8...yenjoi the new-you...

\,,/ rock on..
cheerz!!
lv:nickku

Praveen said...

seems like u've rediscovered urself.
got urself packed in a new cover. also with lots of changes in what goes inside the cover..nice post..

and congrts on ur 25th post...BLOG ON:D
gonna blog roll u

Tara said...

Thanks Niccku! Very nice comment yaar! Yup, I am loving this change, it's good to live a new life. Aap kuch zyaada hi completely undeserved tareef nahin kar raheen?! Thanks :)

Tara said...

Thanks Praveen!

"got urself packed in a new cover. also with lots of changes in what goes inside the cover.."

Wow, what a subtle way of putting that thought across. Beautiful :) Thanks so much! Blogrolling you too!

man in painting said...

Congrats thara..
keep on posting..
best wishes..
MIP

Tara said...

Hey thanks so much MIP! Good to hear from you :)

Gauri Mathur said...

hey Tara!!
Nice name,Nice Blog and Nice post!!!!!!
:-)))
Keep it up!!!!
:-)))

m said...

Hmmmm.....very interesting!

S said...

i think u got me wrong.. a guru just gives u directions to self realisation.... he cannot get u ther.. not can u feel that state thru a guru's eyes....

the guru i meant is just a guide-- a signboard at a confusing junction :)

Tara said...

Thanks so much Gauri! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Ela! Long time... :)

Tara said...

OK S! I guess I just got confused. Anyways, thanks!

Sakshi Arora said...

Thou art tagged

Tara said...

OK Sakshi.

gaurangi said...

congrats dear...
sorry this one is really late... so the world through ur eyes has grown 25...
liked ur concept of change.
cheers

Tara said...

Thanks Gaurangi! That was a very sweet comment! Keep coming :)

Rajesh said...

@Tara
I really mean what I say...if i feel there is need for constructive criticism, I don hesitate to do that

Tara said...

Thanks Rajesh! I thought that you were saying it just-like-that! Thanks! I am glad you actually liked the post :)

Sandeep Balan said...

a sprinkling of vedanta n a lot of tara...i me myself was a good read...especially for someone who is landing here for the first time...coz it explains u in a nutshell...something which takes ages to deduce uncovering the layers of posts hiding the individual...a great no. 25 i must say...makes me sad tht i didnt even notice when i crossed my milestone...shit!!

Tara said...

Thanks Sandeep! Wow! I like the usage "a sprinkling of Vedanta and a lot of Tara", sounds good :) Not to worry Sandeep, you could write something special for the next milestone post! Waiting for that :)