Wednesday, October 8, 2008

All about tags....

ANEESH’S TAG

This one’s a real toughie for me because it’s a movie tag and I am one big movie buff. I can watch anything from out-and-out masala to comedy to horror to action to arty fare. Alright, I watch everything : )

1. Name five of your all time favorite movies

After much thought, I have come up with

Chupke Chupke: This Hrishikesh Mukherjee film is one comedy caper with brilliant performances by Dharmendra, Sharmila Tagore, Om Prakash, Amitabh Bachchan, Asrani and many others. A must watch.

Khatta Meetha: This Basu Chaterjee film is about a Parsi couple and their children. Lovely performances by the entire cast, watch out for Deven Verma’s cute act. Good music too, I just love the “thoda hai, thode ki zaroorat hai” song.

Satte pe Satta: I must have seen this movie at least 50 times. It’s a story about seven brothers. I think it’s based on a certain Hollywood movie. Hema Malini looks really cute and Amitabh Bachchan is the best brother anyone could ask for!

Pyaasa: This Guru Dutt film is a classic. Beautiful is the word which describes it. Great performances by Guru Dutt, Waheeda Rehman and Johnny Walker.

Masoom: This Shekhar Kapur film is a sensitive story about a wife who accepts her husband’s illegitimate child. Watch out for Shabana Azmi and Jugal Hansraj as the young Rahul. Masterpiece. Soulful music too, I love “tujhse naraaz nahin zindagi” as well as “lakdi ki kaathi…”.


2. Name one movie which you recommend as a must see.

This has to be Chupke Chupke. See it to believe it.


3. The one and only movie you’ve seen the most number of times (watching on TV won’t count)

This would be Taare Zameen Par (2 times). I like the TV and DVDs better.


5.Which movie comes to your mind when you say funniest movie?

Ummm……Golmaal (Old one with Amol Palekar, Bindiya Goswami and Utpal Dutt as well as the new one starring Ajay Devgan, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor (too good) and Sharman Joshi)


6. Which movie series according to you was as interesting as the first part in the series?


Dhoom series was good, waiting for Golmaal Returns.


7. Which movie, according to you, didn't live up to your expectations, after all the hype you've heard?

Oh many. Recently, Kidnap. To some extent, even Jaane tu ya jaane na, the music was amazing (it’s Rahman sir, what did you expect?!) but I didn’t think it was as great as was made out to be. How can I miss out Love Story 2050 in this!


8. Which movie really surprised you?

I saw this movie called “Life mein Kabhie kabhie” and I thought it was pretty good.


Yaay! So it’s finally done. I had fun! Thanks Aneesh!


PJ’s TAG

Google your name + needs and put what comes up

Tara needs a new nose – What’s wrong with the one I have right now? Weird.

Tara needs a fashion coach who will not let her outside the house until she appears close to normal - Huh what? You mean to say I don’t appear normal? He he this is funny… :)

Tara needs a workbench so that she doesn't ruin her table while working on projects – This is so true, my “study” table looks like an abstract painting, what with stickers, stars, spilt coffee stains, cello tape and loads of other things on it. :)

Tara needs to exercise – Again so true, I so need to exercise :)

Tara needs to learn how her children perceive her – Ahem ahem…..now this is going a little overboard…what children…..what perception…. :\

Tara needs to sit down and eat a burger and fries – Ah! I don’t mind this at all!

Tara needs the support of the cycling families she has cherished throughout her career – Kya? Cycling family?! *rolling down with laughter* Funny. Very. :)

Yaay! Tag finished! Thanks PJ! It was very entertaining! :)

14 comments:

Aneesh said...

Hey thanks madame for doing the tag :)
what about sholay? You didn't like that? that was my favourite in hindi, then kuch kuch hota hai, tare zameen par.

The second tag was really funny :)

Usha Pisharody said...

Lol!

Enjoyed reading this:)

And btw, Chupke Chupke... all time fav of mine too:) Glad you brought that back to the memory:)

Praveen said...

been planning to watch pyaasa for a long time..and now have to add chupke chupke to that list..

but did u actually like Dhoom 2???my god, it was such a dud:D

and tusshar kapoor..too good? really? Somehow those words dont fit in for this lousy actor:P

BTW,no maniratnam movies in this list?

the 2nd tag was funny:D
"•Tara needs a fashion coach who will not let her outside the house until she appears close to normal "
ROTFL...

Priya Joyce said...

thankuu beti mera tag karne ke liye lol

hey u like a lot of old movies re I like too and the best one is dosti

and ye u hav a gr8 collection of movies re.

mere wala tag to funny tha bahut lol

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! Your tag was fun! As for Sholay, ahem...I hate to admit it...OK, I haven't seen it in full...perhaps the only Indian who hasn't. I'm sorry :( As for KKHH and TZP, I liked them but I wouldn't want to watch them again and again. Once or twice would be fine, as they are heavy duty emotional stuff. Thanks!

Tara said...

Thanks Ushaji! I love Chupke Chupke, a great film is the least I can say. Great fun to watch...Oh you like it too? Wonderful :)

Tara said...

Pyaasa is a real good one, and Chupke Chupke is great. I'll post something on this soon, "Movies to watch before you die..." Ummm...

I liked Dhoom, and Dhoom 2 was OK. I didn't like the Sarkar series and the Krrish series, so I remembered Dhoom and put that down :)

Tusshar Kapoor is good in Golmaal. I thought he was cute. I don't like him otherwise, but something tells me that he has the talent, it's just not been exploited well.

And I intentionally left out Mani sir's movies because I am biased towards him. I wouldn't want to give a prejudiced viewpoint. But his movies are very close to my heart and I treasure them dearly :)

Yeah, the 2nd tag was very funny. I had good fun! ;DDDDD

Tara said...

Mere paas Maa hai.....lolzzzz. Haan, I like old movies better. Don't know why? Shayad kisi ki aatma mujhme aa gayi hai, lol! Tera tag karke bahut mazaa aaya re, shukriya meherbaani! :)

gaurangi said...

hey enjoyed it...
taare zameen par is really a fav. o mine, golmaal to sach mein mast h...
wen i did that gaurangi needs no... pata ni kya aa gaya, (dentist, music album....)
enjoyed that too
lol

Tara said...

Thanks Gaurangi! Golmaal(both) and TZP are my favourites too! And PJ's tag was indeed very funny! :)

Praveen said...

u dint like sarkar series?:(
both were such gr8 films..well shot..awesome style as well as substance

Diana Sahu said...

Ur answers to Priya's tag were funny.

Hi, Am here for the first time...loved the template of ur blog..very feminine

Tara said...

Praveen,
I don't know why I didn't like the Sarkar series, can't quite pinpoint a reason as such. I loved the cinematography, and the fact that both of them had a sepia-ish tone which looked beautiful. I respect RGV as a director, I loved his Rangeela and Bhoot, perhaps India's best horror movie made till date. But don't know why I didn't like Sarkar? :(

Tara said...

Hey thanks Diana! It's a beautiful name! I am glad you liked my template, I love it too, it's so girly, happy and cheerful :) And yes, Priya's tag was very funny, enjoyed doing it :) Keep coming... :)