
Just thinking over a cup of coffee and listening to soothing instrumental music, I have come down to a conclusion about life.
Life is like a film. When we were born, God or whoever is up there if there is anyone at all, gave us unlimited reams of paper and told us that
“Here child. You have to write your own script”
And we work on it, day and night, for years together, writing each dialogue, setting each shot, the lighting, the location, the sound, our eyes are the camera, the characters, and we are the film maker. So basically, the script is the story of our lives, what we want in our story. The twists and turns make it entertaining. There are some tears, some smiles to make the characters believable.
In short, each of our lives is a complete masala entertainer, with the person up there being the audience as well as the critic.
When we die, it’s
THE END
Liked the film? No? We still have time to reshoot it!
Camera, lights, sound, ACTION!
Alright, my coffee is over now and I have to get back to reshoot mine! : )
27 comments:
You better prepare a perfect script the 1st chance itself..In the movie called life, thr are no retakes
I guess this is the contemporary version of the Bard's take... The Seven Ages... all the world's a stage:)
And yes, as Praveen rightly says, because there are no retakes, it's better to script yourself with as much of NOW and MAX. as possible:)Second chances are few and only the lucky get them:)Perhaps the Ultimate Director, UP THERE would appreciate a bit of self help too!
Nice one!
So true Praveen! Yes, I am trying to write the perfect script, hopefully :) No retakes, absolutely! So, will have to make my life a blockbuster now! I hope all of us do! :)
Thanks Ushaji! Second chances are indeed few, so live in the moment because this moment will never return! Like I already said, our lives should become a blockbuster! God will be laughing all the way to the bank! :D
Wow!!!! Nice read...I agree..better u start off with a wonderful script...with some one like Mr.Mani as ur icon, i'm sure u wud have got much inspiration...
Best wishes..
you can edit your life...
havent really thought of life this way... but then its a beautiful way to view it... :)
kudos girl!
hey tats a good thot...but i wud say if I was the one writing ma life then there wud be no unhappiness tears and all...but wen i think ..a lil deeply..i feel wat wud hav been our life without troubles..
troubles truly add masaala to our lives..
cool post re
:)
Thanks Rajesh! Yes wonderful script in the first go! Lots of inspiration with Mani sir being my icon, just wait till I finish my script! I'll try to write it as best as I can! :)
May be Chriz. But I didn't quite get how? :\ Can you explain? It's like we are in the Bigggg.... Boss house with God being the audience, no editing, no retakes! Such is life dearies...
Thanks Raka! I know it's a different way to think of life! Coffee does a lot of things to you.....:)
Thanks re PJ! It's good that there are no unhappiness tears in your life, and yes, troubles are indeed the masala! Kahani mein twist is so interesting, varna film pit jayegi!
Awesome observation there...reminds of the song, jeena yahan marna yahan iske siwa jaana kahan
Aur jab tab happy ending nahi hogi...tab tab Picture sabki baaki rahegi!!!
hahahaha no wonder I want to direct...
Thanks Bhawana! Yes, that's a beautiful song, typical Raj Kapoor style, I love Mera Naam Joker :)
Ummm....the OSO effect....happys endings....picture abhi baaki hai mere dost! Yes, no wonder I want to become a film maker too! ;)
Nice concept..
But, I guess the director is someone different and the story might take a drift if he/she wants to..
Nice way at looking at life.
But like chriz said you can edit and cut things in life and add other things.
This is like shakespear's isn't it?
btw, on nov. 9th I'm publishing a special post. Dont miss it for the world.
I wish we could edit our lives....u know erase the mistakes and reshoot the parts...add more colour to those dark days.....
Nicely-written
Thanks Aneesh! Yeah, I guess he/she knows the basic plot, yet he/she wants us to script it our way! Nice perspective...:)
Thanks Poshin! I still didn't get the editing bit though? Can you elaborate?
Yes sir, waiting for November 9th!
Thanks Diana! Yes, 'Wish' is such a beautiful word na? We can wish for anything....the possible, the impossible...just about anything! I don't know if we can edit our life but I think we can reshoot it to an extent :) Perhaps, by redeeming ourselves for wrong deeds, may be? :)
& shakespeare said " the world's a stage & all of us are actors , just playing our parts ."
Yes Amrita! So true isn't it? :)
Before someone else scripts for me or puts me in the same old type movie script, I vil experiment with something new.
Reminds me of a movie called "Stranger than fiction" where the protagonist starts hearing voices in his ear and his life proceeds in the manner a author is writing her next book. It stars Emma Thompson.
I too had written a similar blog where if this life had been a movie, who wud its sponsors be. this s the link
http://srisureshca.blogspot.com/2008/07/this-part-of-life.html
Thanks Suresh! I will check out the movie soon, sounds very interesting :) Keep coming...:)
But like chriz said you can edit and cut things in life and add other things.
I meant you can edit all your distractions and bad habits and failures by overlokking failures and concentrating on sucess.
BTW, I found some amazing quotes by some outrageous people.
I've posted them in my blog, so plz. check it out.
Thanks Poshin! Oh yes, editing that way! Thanks for explaining! :)
Happy Diwali Sachin! :)
Post a Comment