Today, the 10 of October, is Amma's birthday! Happy birthday Ma! I would like to thank you for being the best mother in the world, and for bearing me for 18 long years! Love you!
This is a poem I wrote on Mother's Day when I was in Class VII. Our class teacher had asked each one of us to do something special, and I chose to write a poem. Amma has preserved this sheet till date and this poem is a reflection of the innocence and the purity I once had.
Dear Mom
You have heard every heartbeat of mine
And always stood on top of me like a pine
I know you will always keep me in line
Be it sixty years old or nine
You have been with me in my ups and downs
In my smiles and frowns
You've seen me wear my beautiful crown
In my beautiful dress which was brown
You will always protect me from evils
Let it be even rice weevils!
I know when you say you hate me
You actually love me even more
Sometimes your scoldings are like bitter gourd
I got you. I thank lord.
You are the home minister
Just exactly like a younger sister
Who cares and shares but never dares
I got you
I got everything
I didn't get you
I get nothing
To the most special person, my mom.
I would like to thank you ma for being the person that you are, for the things you've done as well as those that you haven't. Thank you for being there when I needed you the most, thank you for being my mother! I may not have been the best daughter in the world but you are certainly the best mother I could have asked for!
Thank you!
20 comments:
Emotional!!!! Birthday wishes to ur mom...
Thanks Rajesh! I'll convey it to her!
Wow! Nice poem, such a loving daughter.. Convey my wishes to aunty..
you people are such a wonderful mother and daugher.
That was a very emotional post tara.. ur emotional attachment towards ur mom is surely depicted here...and do u call ur mom amma Awww tats very Indian
Oh this is really tender and touching!
Well said, dear daughter :) And happy birthday to your mother too!
Thanks Aneesh! That was a really sweet comment! Yes, sure I'll convey your wishes to ma! The poem is sweet, and shows the extent to which I can go to get rhyming words!LOL ;)
Thanks yaar PJ! Yes, I call her amma, somehow I just love it so much! It's such a beautiful word na?! Very Indian. I like that. :)
Thank you so much Ushaji! And coming from you, it's great! Sure I'll convey it to amma! Thanks :)
hey, sweet one... so u were a poet in vii too! wow!
belated happy b'day to ur mom
aww....thats so touching...momz are the best gift as ive alwayz maintained...
budday wishes to her...n best wishes to you too...
:D
\,,/ rock on!!
lv:nickku
Thanks Gaurangi! Ahem, poet...not quite. Anyways, thanks!
Thanks Niccku! A really sweet birthday wish! I'll convey it to her. Yes, mothers are indeed the best gift! Thanks! :)
i could feel ur love for ur amma in that simple poem..nice work:)
and convey my bday wishes to her
Thanks Praveen! Sweet comment :) And amma's really happy with everything. And she sent all of you flying kisses! Mil gaya na?:) Thanks so much for making this day so special for her and me :)
vaery cute.. sweet n innocent.. :)
n birthday wishes to Amma....!!!
Cheers...!!!
haaahh...u wrote that on ur VII?!...great...i can't remember what i was doing when i was in my VII...most probably fighting with friends and sharing murukku in a kaaka kadi manner! belated b'day wishes to ur mom!
Thanks S! I'll sure convey it to her! Thanks :)
Thanks Ela! Amma loved your comment on that poem...she was mighty impressed ;) And many children did so many things when they were in VII grade, what did I do...nothing?!
ha ha ha...u had me in splits readin evils n rice weevils, minister n sister...loved it completely...has all the innocence of a 12 yr old...simplicity in words is wht this piece is...no wonder ur mom has preserved this...any mom wud be proud to hav a talented n expressive daughter like u tara...was really moved whenevr u mentioned amma...u made me miss mine...stayin miles away from her is a pain...
Thanks Sandeep! I must say that was a very heart-felt comment. It made me feel very good :) And yeah, my sole intention when I started with this poem was to have perfectly rhyming words, irrespective of whether they make sense there or not. And to think, I got a loud round of applause when I read it out to my class! The delightful days of innocence!
Sad to know, you miss your amma, go meet her and tell her how special she is to you, she has a lovely son!
Post a Comment