Friday, March 20, 2009

What should I call this?


I walked around
with crutches two
with a group
of friends
looking for the
elusive
pot of gold.

He came and
asked for one.
He had none.
Not thinking twice
I gave him one.

He limped ahead
and I was happy
for him.

She came and
asked for one.
She had one.

"You have one"
I said.

"I need another one
to win this race.
You won't win anyway
so give me the other one"
she reasoned.

I gave her
the other.
"I won't win anyway"
I told myself.

She had two
and raced ahead
as I stood there.
And I was happy
another time.

I realized
I couldn't move.
Handicapped.
No crutches.
And she was gone.

"What have I done?"
I asked myself.
Trembling.
Helpless.

I looked around.
No one was in sight.
Just the sand,
the scorching sun
and me.

I looked up to see
If I could find
you.
The sun burnt
my eyes.

"Is this fair?"
I questioned.
No answers.

I cursed you
"Cheater!"
I said.
"You have left me
here when I needed
you the most!"
I cried.

I took out my anger
on the burning sand
punching it hard
with my fists.
My hands ached.
Blisters amass.

I hit one last time.
And my hand
bled, hitting
something hard.
I lay there
fatigued.
No more tears
to spare.
Eyes shut.

As the sun sets
a breeze sweeps
across.
Respite.
Pushing away the
blood stained sand.
And I open my
eyes a little.
And breathe.

There lay on
the red sand
that pot of gold.
That something hard.

I look up to see
if I could find
you.
I can sense
you smile.

And I know
I have won the race
with crutches
no one could steal.

And I am happy
This time for us.

- March 15, 2009


That day my purple pen was jumping and shouting "Tara! I got a poem!" and when I started writing, she (my purple pen) came up with this. I don't know what it is, what made her think of it, the ink kept flowing and I kept writing. All tomatoes towards my pen please! Wait a moment, she's too delicate so I accept them graciously on her behalf! Thank you. : )

Yesterday, I got a chat request from my Economics teacher! To think it is the same lady who hated me in school, she'd actually "shoo" me away and now she wants to chat with me! Me? Quite funny, I thought. I accepted the request though. : )

Our tickets have been booked and I am so happy! Most cousins would be there! Super excited! :D

Exams less than 20 days away! And I am as unprepared as I was last time! :'( And yes, taking a break too, this time a much longer one. This is the only break I hate taking! My exams finish on the 11th of May (as you know) and we leave on the 14th, I think.

  • All those who have exams coming up, all the best and I am sure you are going to rock them! : )

    Posh (no confusion there!), I know you are going to do extremely well! I am sure you'll breeze through the rest too. And waiting to see her (you know who!) in your space! Good luck. : )

    Sakshi, best of luck too! I heard something in college today that made me really really happy "It's difficult to fail in DU" ;D

    Bhawana, good luck! Rock 'em my South-Indian kudi! ; ) JGD!
  • Those of you who are done with exams or close to finishing them, have my share of fun too ok! : ) PJ, looking forward to see you back girl! : )
  • And finally, those of you who don't have exams [read: the vella and *ahem* the luckiest group] please pray for the rest of us! Prayers have effect! Don't believe me? Pray and I'll let you know what happened! ; )
To all the new people in this space, please give me some time. Let my exams get over, and I shall be more regular in your blogs. : )

Ok, so all of you have two months (almost) in hand to enjoy and have fun, because after that Tara is going to be back, hopefully with a lot of so-not-poems! (it's exam time remember!) So have the time of your life while she is away! :D

I hate to say good bye. All of you take care, be good and be happy. God bless all. : ) Will miss everyone here! Very badly, in fact. : ( And pray please! See you on the 11th of May, 2009 (Ah! That date sounds so sweet!) :D

22 comments:

Anwesa said...

a real nice feel good poem.best of luk 4 d xams.i'm havin my xams in april.wish me luk..pray 4 me sis'

Priya Joyce said...

ahaaaa long tym re....gonna miss u..ahh! wen I am gonna be bakk on 30th u're gonna be out of the scene..:(:(

chalo koi nahi..miss ya re:)

see yaaa

and all d bestest best for ur EGG JAMS...

Kartz said...

Liked the underlying theme of those verses, Tara... Give urself a pat on the back.

Bottomline - come what may, we stand to gain. Ever.

Loss, failure, anything. We always gain. Thinking..?

We gain experience. Our avarice mind blinds us from realizing this with every material loss.

Good luck with ur exams, milady. Sure you'll come up with aces.

Peace. Be well.

Suresh Kumar said...

Why tomatoes? That was not at all bad... but it had me a bit confused.

Your teacher on your chat list. Next what? homework online....

And here's praying to siddhi vinayaka to help you in your exams.

All the best to you and all others in your group.

Praveen said...

sudden burst of creativity...! and wat a burst it is...
real good one

rock ur exams..and be back to rock us again:D

Preeti said...

Its a beautiful poem...Ur pen deservs a pat on the back ...:-)

good luck with your exams ...Do well !!

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

that was the nicest poem i have read in a long time . tu itni choti hai , but even then that was so heartfelt for all of us running in the rat race :)

blast the exams ( not literally though ! ) :)

Arnab Majumdar said...

Fantastic poem... reminded me somehow of The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo... very well written!

Good Luck for your exams...

Cheers...

siddhu said...

NICE POEM TARA...N ALL THE BEST FOR UR EXAMS...MY EXAMS FRM THE 21ST OF MAY!!

Anya said...

all the very best for ur exams.. you write so well like this?
kalakura

Anya said...

www.chronicwriter.com

Random Reflections said...

Best wishes for your exams Tara :) I pray your pen flows just as easily on those exam answer sheets as it does on this blog :)

JGD

Tara said...

Anwesa, thank you so much! Really glad. :) Oh! You have your exams too? Good luck sister! Am sure you will breeze through! :D Koi problem nahin hai ji!

PJ, miss you yaar! Thank you! EGG JAMS...hehe! I remember! ;D

Kartz, thank you! :) A beautiful thought there...yes, everything happens for a reason. My pretty purple pen adds that to her this poem meant that we should retain our goodness no matter what! Smarty pen I tell you! :)

Suresh, thank you for that sweet wish! Reassuring. :) Homework online? God! No! Please! :)

Praveen, thank you! Just a burst, no creativity! Will be back soon to rock and roll! :D

Preeti, thank you! I really appreciate your patience. My pen is too delicate for the pat, so I take that too! Cheapo me! My pen fumes...she ain't so delicate she says! ;)

Amuji, thank you yaar! Sacchi bol rahi hai na? :) Main itni choti hoon...damn and I used to think I am 18 and so am a *big* girl now! Haan yaar...main itni bhi badi nahin hoon! Dekha jaaye toh kaafi choti hoon! Will try my best to *blast* them! :D

Arnab, thank you so much! Great observation there! :) Alchemist (being my favourite book) finds a reflection here. True. Just turned out that way! Thank you! :)

Siddhu, thank you! :) Good wishes are needed badly! What a coincidence! Mine end and yours start! Best of luck for your exams too! Totally rock them! :D

Chriz, thank you! :) Not me, my purple pen! I can't steal her credit no? :) Kalakura (I read it as kaa-laa-koo-raa! Imagine! ;)...first I was wondering what that meant...had to ask amma! Now I know. Thank you. :)

RR, what a wish there! Thank you! I really hope so! :) Prayers are all that I need at this point (nothing else can save me!) Jai Gurudev! :)

Diana Sahu said...

Nice poem Tara..Hadnt seen this side of urs. Nyway, All the best for ur exams dear...Do well.

Richa said...

that is a lovely lovely poem :)

and all the best for ur exams, i belong to the vella group :D

n we ll miss u loads.. come back soon..

P.S. was struck somewhere so couldnt respond to ur sweet gesture last post. Ignore my insensitivity this time plz.. :)

Sakshi Arora said...

:( i know...but my parents want a 65%!!!! Which is practically impossible for someone like me. Me is soooooo DEAD. I want to bury my head in sand and hibernate. No, really.

Boohoo..it is SO depressing.

Sakshi Arora said...

Oh and am about to do your tag. yay!! A girl needs to write good things about herself to keep her spirits HIGH, which helps in trying times like these..
I'm sure you understand!

And what's with this comment moderation, girl?

S.

P.S. Goes without saying that you have to read that post..do it after exams but there's no escaping the torture, honey.
;)

Arjun said...

First of all.. That poem was nice Tara... Could feel the pain.. :)

N all the very very best for exams..... Write some poems too in between... How else can one do time pass in an exam hall?? uh!! :P :P

All the Best..!!
We'll see u after that.. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Rahmaniac said...

best of luck for your exams :) enjoy your exams and bring home a lot of poems :P

Phoenix said...

wising you best of luck tara.. dont panic u will just just fine.. :) cheer up and be back soon :)

whenever you decide to come back.. there is an award awaiting you
http://waves-of-light.blogspot.com/2009/03/happy-birthday-and-awards.html

take care,
lots of love
phoenix/tara

man in painting said...

nice poem thara..
best wishes for your exams..
keep urself happy
wishes
take care

Tara said...

Diana, thank you! Glad. :) I just hope I do well...fingers crossed. :)

Richa, thank you! Now that you are vella, I'd like it if you could pray! ;) Miss you too! And waise aap itni formal kyun ho rahin hai? Koi gal nahin ji! Sab vadda changa hai!
*Peh! Tried my best with Punjabi, but my uselessness at it is quite evident!* :P

Sakshi, 65%? OMG really! Good luck is all I can say! And make some space for me too, where you hibernate, am coming! :D Good yaar, am ready to bear that *torture*! Anything for friends! ;) See people usually come, they give a comment and then they delete it and give another comment. So basically, the comment moderation is just to know what their first thoughts were! Uff! :)

Arjun, thank you so much! I should start giving lessons on "How to spend your time effectively in the exam hall"! Eh? ;) Let's see if my poetic neurons agree to work! :)

Rahmaniac, thank you! A lot of poems? Let's see! You are inviting torture for yourself, I don't mind! :P

Raka, thank you so much girl! 99.9% of my awards are from you! Thank you. :) And you wrote phoenix/tara...hehe! ;)

MIP, thank you so much! Glad. :) Take care. :)