Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daddy's Girl

I looked at you.
You looked at me.
I gently pushed the
gift wrapped box
towards you.

"For you Pa"
I said.

You opened it.
"Oh! That gel!
Now when I have no hair!"
I could see your smile
move stealthily
from the lips
to those eyes.

"First salary"
I added.
You looked up, awed.
I could see those tears
you chose to hide.

You smiled again.
That same familiar smile.
And I smiled too.

March 05, 2009
(Yes, another one conceptualized during that exam : )

38 comments:

Anya said...

arumai.. mikka arumai... speechless girl

www.chronicwriter.com

Usha Pisharody said...

Touching poem! The exams seem to inspire you endlessly :)

Nikkita mathur said...

:'(
aww...daddy's gurl...
well written..
cheerz!

Hemanth Potluri said...

that was a beautiful one tara :)...been late to ur blog again dont mind...now i will be regualar :)..

tc Happy Woman's Day..


urs..hemu..

Dhanya said...

Awww.. that was sweet! Reminds me, its high time I brought my pops a gift :(

Random Reflections said...

:) daddy's little girl :) beautiful. now was that a dream or really a gift from ur first job ...hard to say...thats how budding filmmakers are I suppose :)

JGD
p.s. how did that exam go with all the poetry sessions going on in your head ? :)

Tara said...

Chriz...nanri...romba nanri! :)

Tara said...

Thank you Usha ma'am! This is the only reason why I don't mind exams that much! :D

Tara said...

Thanks so much Niccku! Glad to see you back here. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Hemanth! Good to see you here. :) Just been a little busy off late, I hope to be regular at your space. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Dhanya! Go girl buy your dad a gift, I'm sure he'd love it! :)

Rahmaniac said...

i dont have anything to write now and here you are on a writing spree. maybe i will have to wait for my exams to start :D

btw, it was so mean of you to present him a gel when he had no hair :P

nice post :), take care.

PS: Happy Women's Day :)

Tara said...

Thank you so much RR! Really your comments create magic, fills me with optimism. :) Thank you. :)

The exam? Went off fine. :) These poetry sessions were after I completed my paper. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Rahmaniac! Waiting for your exams to start to discover those gems. :) I know. Very mean in fact. ;)

Richa said...

wow :)

this way, i wud say, may ur exams last forever :D

lovely lovely :)

Tara said...

Thanks Richa! Hehe! ;) What an aashirwad there, dil khush ho gaya!! ;D

Arnab Majumdar said...

That was very touching... beautifully written.

Tara said...

Thanks for reading Arnab! Really glad. :)

Poshin_david said...

So Ms. Wordsworth strikes again......

Another poem by ms. wordsworth with an amzing title. Exams do bring the best out in you don't they?

just wondering why the word verification? I know my alphbets.:)

POSH (don't even think about it)





(Just joking)

Kartz said...

Simple. Heart-warming. Adorably Endearing.

Well, that pretty much *is* your style.

Peace. Be well.

Sakshi Arora said...

So beautiful!
:)
You got your first salary? Elaborate?
S.

RiĆ  said...

Aww tht was so sweet!! :)

Aneesh said...

Good! This is the way to write exams.. I hope you didn't write these on your answer papers..
:D
Anyway, nice poem 'N Happy holi
:D

Anwesa said...

u took my heart away!!!!!!!
a real dream come true poem!!!!
i cant tell u wat kinda emotions u'v invoked in me rite now..
kudos!!!u deserve a standing ovation...

Praveen said...

am sure this scene is gonna happen in your real life in the near future:D
nice work..

Arjun said...

very nice Tara.... :)

Exams r surely gettin the best out of u.... Would it be nice if i say- let there be exams through out?? :P

Sorry for being late..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Tara said...

Didn't think about it this time Posh! ;) Thank you! Really honoured! :)

I can imagine the original Mr.Wordsworth planning a murder...he wants to kill me! Aaaaa! ;D

Your wish granted! You have been spared the troubles of word-verif! :)

PS-Posh(!), I really like it that you comment but I hope I am not distracting you, don't leave your studies to comment on my blog brother...really it's OK, I understand. I hope you are getting what I mean. :)

Tara said...

Merci beaucoup beaucoup beaucoup! :)
*all people who know French, don't look here!* ;)

Thank you for that sweet note! I smiled. :)

Tara said...

Thank you so much Sakshi! Not yet but waiting for that moment to arrive. :)

Tara said...

Thank you Ria! Glad. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! Thank God I didn't write it on my answer paper otherwise my hopes of at least passing would have been shattered! ;) And yes, belated Happy Holi! :)

Tara said...

Thank you so so so much Anwesa! Really? Just a scribble there. Thank you for liking it so much, makes me really happy! :D

Tara said...

Thanks Praveen! I hope so too, though I wonder if I'd gift my father that gel! ;)

Tara said...

Thank you Arjun! Ayyo! Why this saabam! :P

Not a problem at all, sorry for replying late! ;)

Anonymous said...

the next poem during exam times coming up?

Preeti said...

being a daddy's girl myself ...i know how it feels ..:-)

its ironic how such things come up at weird times and hours of the day .....

Tara said...

Hopefully Chriz! Working something up...let's see. :)

Tara said...

Thanks onthewingsofadream! It's really surprising...most of my stuff comes either in sleep or during exam time! Weird me. :)