Another busy week slowly comes to an end. I have been unable to figure out what has kept me busy all this while...I have literally been busy doing nothing at all! The last two days have been a little easy, strikes strike again and we sure don't mind!
The week started on a high note...quite literally! Last Friday, attended a College fest, went only on the last day that too because my friend J emotionally blackmailed me tu-nahin-aa-rahi-toh-main-bhi-nahin-jaa-rahi types! The Band of Boys were to perform, and they did a great job of it! More than the performance, it was just the thing of being with friends. They belted out some of their hit songs, along with other hit Bollywood numbers. It was really worth it...thanks J! : )
Over the weekend, we went to meet a little angel, a 11 day old baby! And what a darling she was! I was roaming around the entire house carrying her, and that was the first time I was holding such a small baby! Her little fingers, those two teeth, those tender nails, really God is great! According to their belief, there is a custom called shehed chatana (giving honey). In this, the mother of the child can choose any one person, and that person gives shehed to the baby. It is believed that the baby will grow up to be like that person. And guess who was chosen? Yours truly! :D I asked her "Didi are you sure?". She said she was. I told her clearly "Do it at your own risk!". And I gave the baby shehed and she licked it off fully! Another crazy creature created!
A surprise visit by S was the highlight of the week. We were just talking on the phone.
S- Yaar! I want to meet you! Long time!
T- Haan yaar! Seriously! Udd ke aaja! (Fly and come)
S- Abhi milna hai mujhe. (I want to meet you right now)
T- Helicopter bhijwaoon? (Should I send the helicopter?)
S- Naah! I don't need that. Just open the door, your doorbell isn't working!
T- *speechless*
And there she was, standing outside! An excellent surprise S! Well planned! : ) I had a great time!
Also, I am planning to start a new series The 'I Recommend' series, about different things I like and would want to recommend. The first post under this is on its way. Hopefully, you'll like it. : )
My sister's wedding has been postponed to May 20, just for me. The date sheet isn't out yet, and I really hope my exams finish by then. Please God! : )
The little brown pup is not too friendly and is extremely scared of anyone human. We have tried many times to befriend him but in vain. He just keeps running away! : (
The week started on a high note...quite literally! Last Friday, attended a College fest, went only on the last day that too because my friend J emotionally blackmailed me tu-nahin-aa-rahi-toh-main-bhi-nahin-jaa-rahi types! The Band of Boys were to perform, and they did a great job of it! More than the performance, it was just the thing of being with friends. They belted out some of their hit songs, along with other hit Bollywood numbers. It was really worth it...thanks J! : )
Over the weekend, we went to meet a little angel, a 11 day old baby! And what a darling she was! I was roaming around the entire house carrying her, and that was the first time I was holding such a small baby! Her little fingers, those two teeth, those tender nails, really God is great! According to their belief, there is a custom called shehed chatana (giving honey). In this, the mother of the child can choose any one person, and that person gives shehed to the baby. It is believed that the baby will grow up to be like that person. And guess who was chosen? Yours truly! :D I asked her "Didi are you sure?". She said she was. I told her clearly "Do it at your own risk!". And I gave the baby shehed and she licked it off fully! Another crazy creature created!
A surprise visit by S was the highlight of the week. We were just talking on the phone.
S- Yaar! I want to meet you! Long time!
T- Haan yaar! Seriously! Udd ke aaja! (Fly and come)
S- Abhi milna hai mujhe. (I want to meet you right now)
T- Helicopter bhijwaoon? (Should I send the helicopter?)
S- Naah! I don't need that. Just open the door, your doorbell isn't working!
T- *speechless*
And there she was, standing outside! An excellent surprise S! Well planned! : ) I had a great time!
Also, I am planning to start a new series The 'I Recommend' series, about different things I like and would want to recommend. The first post under this is on its way. Hopefully, you'll like it. : )
My sister's wedding has been postponed to May 20, just for me. The date sheet isn't out yet, and I really hope my exams finish by then. Please God! : )
The little brown pup is not too friendly and is extremely scared of anyone human. We have tried many times to befriend him but in vain. He just keeps running away! : (
manage to get of him
Overall quite an eventful week draws slowly to an end. : )

26 comments:
Blackmailers, Special appearances, Debutant (the small baby) and of course the wedding house - All of them tells me that you had a great week.
Helicopter.... Bell joke was a good one.
And waiting for your 'I Recommend' series
hmm..lots happening at ur end!!
well,me too busy 4 nothing..:D
Glad to hear you had a pretty eventful week. Albeit the busy-doing-nothing part... ;)
Which college are you in, btw?
:) Have a wonderful weekend..! And yep, waiting for the series.
Peace. Be well.
---
Jeez... Google knows Tamil too. :P Word verif - *korangu* ;D
A pup? And when did that addition join the family?
Nice week, all in all, don't' u think? :) :)
Goo Good..!!
That poor baby..... :P
Just kidding..!!
Now, where's the poem?? where's my tag?? n u talk abt recommendations uh??
Lock n Key poem first..OKay!!!!! :D
Cheers..!!
Arjun
wat a gr8 week!!!!am really jealous of u now-mine was hectic!!!!!
liked the reshness in your writing..like life...
The baby..pup and the post..
fresh..
wishes..
take care.
the pup looks adorable :)
what a busy week !! wow band of boys , coolcool . :) ya some things are more fun with friends .
hey hope the kid really grows up to be like u :)
band of boys ha...cool tara,
oh i love surprises, and that too when it comes from people close to you,
it was great week you had
njoy :)
Nice synopsis there Suresh of the entire thing! Yes a great week really! :)
Yes Anwesa! Yes lots happening! Great to hear that...someone's like me! :)
Yes Kartz! Have been really busy doing nothing! Me in KM. Go figure. :) You have a great weekend too! God! Everyone except me seems to know Tamil! :|
Yes Usha ma'am! An awesome week really! :) The pup is a stray one, we don't have any pets at home. :(
Hehe Arjun! Really that poor baby...thank God babies don't start speaking just when they are born! :D Thollai onnode! ;) I haven't written the poem yet, am no champ at poems so it takes a lot of time! As for the tag, I wanted to avoid it, but damn you remember! What happened to your Ghajini memory, forgot? :P
Hehe Siddhu! You think doing all this wasn't hectic! :D
Thank you so much MIP! Great to see you here! :)
Yes Amu, the pup is really cute, just he never comes to us. :| You really wish the kid grows up to be like me? God save the world! :D
Yes Chintan! A great week indeed! I so love surprises! :)
Hi Tara... Just read your comment on my page. :) Might take time to reply to yours cos, well, I am not done replying to half of those yet! And my mail box is getting flooded with *ahem* *ahem* *ahem* :D :D
Anyway, yes... A pity, isn't it? Such discrimination... Ah well... C'est la vie.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
And no, I don't suppose I know KM. Kindly enlighten this impoverished soul.
Bonne chance.
Peace.
---
Off to reply to the second load... :D Man do I love debating!
Tc. :)
And hey - word verif : kaapi :D
Not a problem Kartz! Take your time. Yeah I understand...bechara mailbox! *ahem* :D
A good weekend? Far from it. Tomorrow...no wait...it's today some relatives arrive. Not that I mind relatives at home but I have been asked to shut up. My parents aren't too appreciative of my great ability of upsetting relatives with my great Tamil! Talk of not recognizing talent! :D
It ain't supposed to be that easy right? Alright Google KM college, the first result you see, that's where I am. Easy no? :)
You know in Hindi...there's this muhavra - jale pe namak chhidakna...that's exactly how I am feeling right now! Humph! Hehe. :D
Nice to hear you having a great time.. Another crazy creature??
LOL.. that was funny..
So, your's sisters wedding is postponed? Just for you? Great! Now that you can spoil the wedding.. :)
Just kidding..
Take care.. I'll try to visit more often
:D
Hi!!
Just came across your blog! it's nice :)
keep Blogging! :D
Yes Aneesh! Really hoping to spoil the wedding! If only I could! Lol! :D Take care. :)
Thanks Cursed♪♫! Hehe...that sounds funny! :)
Lucky Baby.. Hope she'll turn into blogsville soon like u in sme 14 yrs!! :))) Don worry... ur sis wedding will go as per planned and i'll talk to ur coll principal reg this :)))
Hehe Karthik! Yeah I really hope she does turn to blogville when she grows a little older! :) Sure. It would be very nice of you if you could talk to my Principal...I am sure she'd listen to you! :D
Post a Comment