

Wow! A clean sweep at the Oscars! 8 awards! And a great moment for India! Two great Indians have scripted history! Heartiest congratulations to RESUL POOKUTTY (Best Sound Mixing) and the maestro, the Mozart of Madras, the magician, God... A.R.RAHMAN sir (Best Original Score and Best Original Song "Jai Ho")! It is a great moment for India and you have done us proud! Congratulations!
"All my life I had the choice between hate and love. I choose love and here I am."
This is what sir said after accepting the awards, and what beautiful words! Thank you. : )
I feel so blessed to have been able to witness this moment in History, a moment every Indian had been waiting for. The good wishes of all the people of this beautiful land are with you and today we are even more proud to call ourselves Indian!
Jai Ho! Jai Hind!
"All my life I had the choice between hate and love. I choose love and here I am."
This is what sir said after accepting the awards, and what beautiful words! Thank you. : )
I feel so blessed to have been able to witness this moment in History, a moment every Indian had been waiting for. The good wishes of all the people of this beautiful land are with you and today we are even more proud to call ourselves Indian!
Jai Ho! Jai Hind!







35 comments:
Amazing anin't it?
Good job guys and congrats Rahman and all the others............
And Danny Boyle is certainly in an orbit of his own.........(You should see his old movie called 'sun shine')
BTW...2morrow is my baord practicals........wish me luck.......:)
Cheers,
Posh (AND definately not Victoria)
Yes Mr.Definitely-not-Victoria! Really amazing! Will definitely try to catch hold of Sunshine. Thanks :) And Board Pracs tomorrow? Aww! Really sweet of you to have commented brother! :) I am sure you are going to do great and make this akka of yours very very proud! Just chill and have a calm mind, and things will be fine. Experience speaks! Lol! :P
misd this one.. cud only read it from the news paper...
cudnt watch it because of this poshin boy only...
cable connection is disconnected at his place now cos of his 10th exams and i am at his place now..
Aww Chriz! That's sad. Never mind. Dare you say anything against my little bro! Hehe! :P What matters is being a part of this happiness, and enjoying the moment, watching it live is secondary, although it would have been great if you had. :)
Back@Tara
Yeah sad...........but I missed it too.....instead I have to mug some digestive system and sumthing about auricles, ventricles and inflorensance........(SOB)
Hope to see you guys soon.........
BTW, Guess where I'll be at after the exams?
Cheers,
Posh(Mr.Definitely-not-Victoria!)
God Mr.So-not-Victoria...poor thing, I can understand! Your comment reminded me of how much I hated Biology! ;) Where would you be after the exams? Umm...on top of the world I guess! Lol! Sorry no idea! :)
a proud moment indeed.
Jai Ho!
Mr. Rahman, et al, take a bow.
Someone rightly said - A thing of beauty is joy forever.
Peace.
Indeed a very proud moment Shilpa! Jai Ho! :)
Yes Kartz! Rightly said. (Keats wasn't it? :)
what a moment in indian cinema and also india as a country..it has put india on to a diffrent platform...
indians are coming all gun blazings in all feilds
we rock isn't it...
and that were beautiful lines by rehman sir...
Jai ho!!!now only these 2 words come 2 my mind.:)
"ella pugazhum iraivanuke"{all laurels go to god}
wat a modesty....!!!!!only such a person can go to this high level!!!!jai ho bharath!!!god bless rehman saab!!!!
Sure we rock Chintan! We do and we are here to take on the world! :)
Yes Anwesa, the two words on every Indian's lips! :)
Yes G3, really beautiful words there, very inspiring! I am amazed at how he continues to remain so modest and grounded! Wonderful. :)
Jai ho!!!!!!
even I watched it at home without going to office
Great Praveen! Even I bunked college! :)
jai ho rahman sir...jai ho tara ;-)
i am in love with your new template daa...too good...yeyyyyyyy...am back.....yeyyyyyyy!! ;-)
oops...jai ho pookutty...i loved his speech as well....the way he described "ohm" was amazing...the best words an indian sound technician could have ever said ;-)
jai pookutty...jai tara ;-)
If not for the movie, I'm really proud for Rahman..!!
It's just that the west have discovered him now... We know him for wat he is from a lot of years..!!
The songs of ROJA still gets me goose pimples ....
Cheers..!!
Arjun
India made Pround.
JAI HOON. Danny boyle in one of his earlier interviews recommended some of Indian movies to the western audience like COMPANY, SATYA and BLACK FRIDAY. Just check the review of company at IMDB
Waiting for the day when a Indian film director wins an oscar. I presume that day is not that far away.
its amazing!! heartfelt congrats to AR Rehman...and others too
indeed a wonderful event to watch and an unforgettable experience...
Congrats to both of them..
Though there are people criticizing that the movie showed india as a slum, but he story was about slum, so what do they expect?
A good movie..it was.. I liked it very much
:)
This is just the beginning !
Roja : India :: Slumdog : West :)
just browse youtube for the jai ho! influence on the americans. just awesome :) and the acceptance speech about love and hate, wow! no words :) his modesty is what sets him apart.
nice post. do visit my blog and leave your comments :)
jai Ho! keep rahmaning :)
that was surely a memorable moment :)
legend!!
Thanks Sandeep! Yes, I love the template too! Jai ho Rahman sir...Jai ho Resul sir...but Jai ho Tara, no! I am not in that league, have to work a lot before getting there. :)
Same here Arjun! Roja is the ultimate! Slumdog is definitely not Rahman sir's best, far from it rather, but atleast this award has got him the recognition he deserved. And as he says, Opened new windows for him. :)
Yes Suresh, well said. I am waiting for that day too and it sure isn't far away. :)
Yes Raka! Congratulations to all the winners! :)
I wonder Aneesh how far the criticism is justified. The movie is about hope in the end. :)
Thanks Rahmaniac! Nice name. :) And yes, the modesty is what really sets him apart, and that is what will help him to achieve him even greater heights. :)
Yes it was truly Shimmer! :)
Legend Richa! :)
Post a Comment