Yesterday was a good day
I got many gifts
Mother got them
Early New Year gifts
She said
Box of crayons
Pretty pink frock
Pair of white sandals
Box of yummy chocolates
Nice school bag
Pair of grey socks
Pencil box
Cute blue teddy
Four note books
Warm black sweater
Am I the spoilt brat?
I don't know
I know one thing
I am the ragpicker's child
(Inspired by the promos of a new show that I accidentally saw while fiddling with the remote :)
I got many gifts
Mother got them
Early New Year gifts
She said
Box of crayons
Pretty pink frock
Pair of white sandals
Box of yummy chocolates
Nice school bag
Pair of grey socks
Pencil box
Cute blue teddy
Four note books
Warm black sweater
Am I the spoilt brat?
I don't know
I know one thing
I am the ragpicker's child
(Inspired by the promos of a new show that I accidentally saw while fiddling with the remote :)
27 comments:
Touching piece of verse, in its theme and expression, which is so matter of fact!
uttaran isnt it? the show i mean...
powerful words there... :)
My god.. Really touching....
Nice thing u wrote a poem on those poor people.....
Keep Posting..
Cheers..!!
Arjun
Simple and touching... A harsh reality well portrayed.
Boo! Your blog has a new follower! ;)
Peace.
Thanks Ushaji! Glad. :)
Yes Raka! The same show. Thanks! :)
Thanks Arjun for those good words! Glad. :)
Merci beaucoup Kartz! Gentil. :)
Very very nice..
that 'curve' was effectively used..it is very difficult to finally park after taking the difficult curve without skidding..
you did it wonderfully.
excellent!
wishes..
do write more..
play with words more and more..
hey that was nice..thats actually a reality today
it was touching
keep posting
jack
:) nice sting in the tail.
Nice one... nostalgic and touching..
Hi
Nice poem...You are quite a poet aren't you?
Touching...............................btw r u from New Delhi?
sorry i wasn't able to comment on your previous posts......I did read them but never did have the time to post my thoughts.
btw tara i was just wondering what are the awards for.............I've seen them in many ppls. blogs and have no clue.............................waiting for a reply:)
Cheers
Posh
(Not victoria Beckham) :)
Thank you so much MIP! Beautiful words of encouragement there. :) It was very sweet of you to have said that, although I don't think I deserve it. Truly. But by far, one of the most positive comments I have received, and from a blogger whom I respect a lot...means the world to me. Thank you! :)
Thanks Jack! Glad. :)
Thanks Random Reflections!
Jai Gurudev! :)
Thanks Aneesh! Touched you...the purpose is achieved then. :)
NICE!!.. I like the Doubt you asked in the end!!.."AM I A SPOILT BRAT?!!"(The answer for which is YES YES YES!![=P])..I also found the last line extremely powerful..and humbling!!! =)
Thanks Posh! Gosh...you aren't Victoria Beckham...I thought you were...hehe...lol! ;)
And yes, am from the Capital city.
Me, the poet...not quite!
Basically, the awards is to let the other blogger know that you like their work. I have been wanting to give out the awards, but just have not found enough time. But I promise to handover them ASAP! :)
Thanks Genesis! A lovely note there. Glad you could take out so much from the scribble! =)
PS. Haha! And yes, may be I am the spoilt brat! :P
this is was really touching...
I'm at a loss of words when it comes to poor children...
nice one !
Thanks WarmSunshine! Glad. :)
i was kinda wondering initially, what kinds of gifts these were...only later did it dawn upon me. dunno if the gal realised the value of these gifts..we well-to-do adults realised it only after college was done with..
Cheers
CRD
Very true Brother! Thanks! :)
Very touching, it got me til the last to understand the entire thing.The last line was the most powerful one... do write more..
Thanks Devil for such lovely words! Appreciation works wonders! Will definitely try to write more... :)
Post a Comment