Saturday, November 29, 2008

If only...


I asked you
If you still loved me
Your silence...
was deafening

I know
I've never told you
How much I do
I always thought
You'd know

Perhaps, I was wrong...

That sand with which
castles were built
was slowly
slipping out of my hands

And now when
my hands are bare
I realize how much
I have lost

I wish it could be
the way it was.
Ah! I wish...

Photos don't speak,
do they?

42 comments:

Usha Pisharody said...

Oh lovely!

the yearning of loss, for not having spoken the unspoken, for not having taken the time out...

and it all slips out like sand thru' fingers; only to leave behind memories, through the picture one can touch and hold. Just that!

If only...

A beautifully captured poignant feeling here.

Arjun said...

wow... Beautifully expressed..!!

Hey, u seem to have changed ur template... This one's more bright and lively.. :)
Keep Posting..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Anwesa said...

a poignant feeling..

Kartz said...

Ah the unspoken words... True, one can wish for so much; life... though may deem otherwise.

A touching recital... I hope it is third person.

Just a note... We never really lose anything. We always gain. It is called 'experience'. The avarice human nature blinds us from realizing so many things...

Peace. Be well.

PS: Le modèle ressemble bien! :)

Priya Joyce said...

ahhh! tat was reely very touching re
:)

Phoenix said...

ahh!! beautiful :)

Praveen said...

a beautiful expression of a shattering experience..
losses happen...and it takes courage to smile in the face of adversity and move on

Karthik said...

Really nice!! :(

Sashu... said...

Ah! lovely!!!!!

the yearning n the pain juz bleeds into the reader! lovely :)

Tara said...

Thank you so much Ushaji! Coming from you, it means lot to me! It is really encouraging, especially for an amateur poet like me! Nanni! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Arjun! I am glad that you liked my scribble, and the new template too! It's nice na, I love it too! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Anwesa! It brought a smile! :)

Tara said...

Thank you so much Kartz for that beautiful note! A wonderful thought, that is. Indeed, we never 'lose' anything, we 'gain', everything happens for a reason! And yes, thankfully, it is a third person account! :)

PS. Merci beaucoup! Je suis contente! :)

Tara said...

Thanks PJ! Am glad you liked it! If it touched you, the purpose is achieved! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Raka for that sweet comment! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Praveen! Indeed, it takes courage, and once you face that, you are ready for anything else! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Karthik! It's a third person account yaar! ;)

Tara said...

Thanks so much Sashu! Your comment is one of the best this blog has received! :)

Diana Sahu said...

Theres so much pain in these lines...

Diana Sahu said...

Atiiiii Sundar balike...

Tara said...

Dhanyavaad Jaadui ungliyon waali kanya! Apke mukh se nikle hue in shabdon ne humein prasann kar diya! Hamara mann mohit kar liya!

(Ab khul ke hans dijiye - BTW, that was the Hindi translation of LOL! A LOL on that! ;)

siddhu said...

hey nice one TARA...espaecially the first para"....your silence...was deafening.."..
superb..
sry..i couldn't cum online...bck now...

Karthik said...

You keep me in the darkness
You tell me it is safe here
I listened and I stayed
You keep me in the darkness
You tell me it is warm here
I listened and I stayed
You keep me in the darkness
You tell me it is where you and I can be free
I listened and I stayed

I keep you in my heart
You tell me it is boring here
I listened and you left
I keep you in my heart
You tell me it is too much for you
I listened and you left
I keep you in my heart
You tell me it is no longer fun to be here
I listened and you left

Tara said...

Thanks Siddhu! Good to see you back! Am glad you liked it! :)

Tara said...

That's a beautiful piece Karthik!

"I listened and you left"
Beautiful!

The view from the other side of the bridge is just as wonderful! You wrote that? Beautiful. :)

m said...

It's a nice piece!

Tara said...

Thanks Ela! Am glad. :)

Aneesh said...

Brilliant.
***I know
I've never told you

Mmm you need to tell what you need to tell at the right time.

Next time try building castles with something more solid.
:)
Photos do speak, I guess. Don't they?
Haven't you seen a photo and just spoke to it?
:)

Sandeep Balan said...

oh wow! completely fell in love with the title...more so coz the english flick with the same name is among my favorites daa...and you did ful justice with that title...not having spoken the unspoken is like slow death...its suffocating..you cling on to memories and think...if only...beautifully captured...you have a special ability of invoking the deepest of emotions daa with the simplest of words...truly great...

Karthik said...

I wud b happy 2 tell i'd wrote it bt nt me!!! :P

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! Next time, I'll definitely use stronger material! :)

As for the photos' speaking bit, it is true in a way that photos do speak. And I have spoken to photos too, but they speak the language that we want them to speak, not what they actually would, may be. Possible na? So we never quite know exactly how the other person would react in that frame of mind and state of things. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Sandeep! You are just too sweet with words yaar, and words that I know I don't deserve! Thanks, nevertheless. I mean looking at the great pieces that many of my blog friends write and the magic they create (read:YOU!), this is nothing! :)

Tara said...

Hehe Karthik! :)

gaurangi said...

Aaaaahso true n touching...

CRD said...

woah!!! gal, i never knew u could get soo INTENSE with ur poems! :O uve shocked me!!


lovely poem dear..


is something wrong?

Tk Care
CRD

Tara said...

Thanks so much Gaurangi! Am glad. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Jimmy! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Brother! You liked it? Am glad. :) And no, it's a third person account. Everything fine here, touchwood! Thanks! :)

WarmSunshine said...

this was beautiful, dear. reminded me of someone i lost... thankyou for those feelings again...

Tara said...

Awww...! Glad you could take it so beautifully! :) Thanks WarmSunshine!

Anonymous said...

oh lovely and very intense.
Its like wishing u had done all those things u want to do. Even at times the i do wish the same way...... keep blogging dear.

Tara said...

Thanks Devil! I was like that till sometime back...now am slowly learning the importance of saying the right thing at the right time...to all those people who matter! :)