Monday, November 3, 2008

Adios Gentleman...


There is one man
Not often does God make one like him
A man of few words
But a man of great deeds

The innocence of a child
The wisdom of a saint
The skill of a surgeon
The courage to fight
The ambition to grow
The manliness in defeat
The heart to take it all
That heart of gold

We watched him teary eyed
As he took his final lap
In the end, hearts was all that mattered
And he had won them all!
He, the Perfect Gentleman.

-Tara
03/11/2008

May God bless you and your family with all the good things life has to offer! We will cherish the beautiful memories forever... Truly, you are THE PERFECT GENTLEMAN. Thank you!

26 comments:

Preeti said...

I love Kumble. and a great Salutation to the warrior

Usha Pisharody said...

Oh this is so beautifully offered in tribute to a true gentleman in all senses of the word!!

Loved this Tara! And to you Sir, Salutes!! You'll always inspire, Mr Anil Kumble!

Tara said...

Thanks Preetz! I am glad you liked it! Yes, I respect Kumble sir a lot too! :)

Tara said...

Thank you so much Ushaji! You loved it...that really means a lot to me! Kumble sir will remain an inspiration forever! :)

Priya Joyce said...

we'll miss those supaa cool wickets which at one tym led us to victories..and all...tat's sad dear..reely..hope sum more jumbo's cum up

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

a gentelman retired after 18 years of sportsmanship

Tara said...

Haan re PJ, that's really sad! Another Jumbo? That'll take a long time :)

Tara said...

Yes Amrita! Truly, a Gentleman! :)

Anonymous said...

Couldnt agree more Tara :). AK was India s greatest match winner in the game....he has left a void which wont ever be fulfilled

Anonymous said...

if u wish u can visit me at http://lifebeyondobvious.blogspot.com/

Praveen said...

a perfect farewell to a perfect sportsman...
good work tara

Anonymous said...

Anybody might have touched your heart, made your day with a wonderful comment when you were down in dumps , anybody who makes your dil go dhak dhak or take lot of sighs in unparalleled yearning to go intervine in him / her, have a post / comment dedicated to the blogger / person out @ http://blogger-buddies.blogspot.com/

S said...

An epitome of sportsmanship, calling it quits... and the standards he's set playing the sport as a perfect gentleman, i guess is hard to emulate..

Wonderfully penned..

Did Jumbo get to read this...??

Cheers..!!
S

Anonymous said...

raymonds...
salute the fastest indian bowler

Tara said...

Thanks Buzz! I will drop by! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Praveen! :)

Tara said...

Well said S!! Thank you so much! I am glad you like it! :) And I hope, Jumbo reads this...who better than him! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Chriz! I salute him too! :)

Aneesh said...

Well, with him goes history...
A time when we are were proud 'coz of a spinner

Tara said...

True Aneesh! But I hope history repeats itself...that we again have a spinner of the caliber of Kumble sir! :)

Poshin_david said...

we all salute him..

And I've included your poem in my post:)
(gave a link to it)

visit my new post on two legands of cricket at
http://christopherdavid007.blogspot.com/2008/11/legendary-farewell-for-two-legends.html
looking forward for your thoughts.

Tara said...

Thanks Poshin! :)

Entertainer said...

wowwwwwwwwwww

Tara said...

Thanks Entertainer! I am glad you liked it! :)

Kartz said...

A beautiful tribute there. Bravo!

---
Greetings; first time here... Dropped in from Preetis space.

Peace.

Tara said...

Merci beaucoup Kartz! :) A tribute to the greatest Indian cricketer, the perfect gentleman! I am glad you liked it!