Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finally.......it's done!!

Huh! Finally I can breathe! Yes, I have done it! I have learnt how to transfer photos from my cellphone onto my computer. You may be wondering "So, what's the big deal?". You are right, not a big deal for you, but a very big deal for me! : ) Here, I would like to thank Praveen, who said to me, "It's simple. Don't give up unless you try it once". And I tried it, and it worked! I would also like to thank all my school friends (especially MA and NS!!) who patiently taught me how to go about it! It has worked guys, thank you so much!

So, finally.....some pictures.....my photographic not-at-all genius!! : )



My first print... : )



In the Qutub Complex, the Iron Pillar. According to the traditional belief, any one who can encircle the entire column with their arms, with their back towards the pillar, can have their wish granted. Like in Cheeni Kum. : )



North Block, one of the prettiest buildings! : )



My friends at the zoo!



My animal friends at the zoo! This is perhaps my best print till date.... : )


Hope you enjoyed it, and guys thank you once again! This wouldn't have been possible without you....*sniff**sniff* : )

45 comments:

Priya Joyce said...

these r simply lovely dear

chalo at last u got the talent to show us wat ur talented hands did..I meen the pics...
lovely
:)

Tara said...

He he Thanks yaar PJ! I am glad you liked them! :) I know, at last, but finally I did! :)

Anonymous said...

why did you take bum pictures of your friends?

congrats for uploading the snaps

Usha Pisharody said...

*Sniff, sniff*

Proud of you too.. :)
I learned something new too, yesterday.. lol!
How to type in my mother tongue, thanks to Praveen [I wonder if we are indeed to talking of the same blogger.. hehehe:)]!

So, congratulations, gal! Keep it up!!

prophetofpain619 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prophetofpain619 said...

never mind the deleted comment..
it was sumwhat 'revealing'...

i said..
nice job with resources u had...

u have nice frnds to help u out..
but thats maybe coz ur nice to them too! :)

gaurangi said...

heya tara...
so finally things done!
sigh of satisfaction n happiness no... :)

Karthik said...

My animal friends at the zoo//

Lol!! Nic pics!!! R u interestd n black and white pics rather than colors???

Aneesh said...

Hey, excellent pics, each and everyone.. Try photography :) you'll become great.

***any one who can encircle the entire column with their arms, with their back towards the pillar, can have their wish granted.

have you tried?
LOL

Praveen said...

and atlast u did it!:D
hehheee

i loved tht pic of the oold man as well as the zebra pic..the pics of ur frends wre also good..dint like the othr 2 much..

also in the old man's pic, the effect wud've been more had u zoomed in on his face a little more..it seems to have a really great expression

CRD said...

heya sis [:d]


woah..u dint know how to trfr pics? good tht u know now

btw...just curious..y r they in blk n white? [:O]

hey updated my blog after ages..do have a look..its a short story..hope u like it :)
cheers
CRD

Tara said...

He he Chriz! Thanks! If I had to click my friends' faces there, I'd have had to be in the water! ;D

Tara said...

Thanks Ushaji! So, Praveen is really the crusader, the teacher of new things...he he! It's good to keep learning new things! Typing in your mother tongue...nice. I should try that sometime too....the only hitch..I don't know how to write Tamil! He he...;P

Tara said...

Thanks prophetji! Yes, I agree I have nice friends to help me out, but they are so nice to me, I don't have an option and HAVE to be nice to them! He he ...;P

Tara said...

Yeah Gaurangi...finally things done! Ah, the sigh of satisfaction feels so good...:)

Tara said...

He he Karthik! Thanks! I am glad you liked the pictures! Basically, at the level I am learning photography (basic), I have to work with Black & White! So, yes, it is a colorless life at this stage! LOL! ;D

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! I am glad you liked them. Yes, I am learning photography, at the most basic level :)

~You'll become great
Thanks. I hope that comes true...:)

As for the iron pillar, no one is allowed to go in now. Apparently, the corrosive property of sweat harms the pillar! I'd love to try it someday...it is a huge pillar though! ;D

Tara said...

Yup Praveen, at last with some expert guidance! He he...;P

You liked some pictures? I am glad. Honestly, I liked only the one with my human friends at the zoo! I didn't like the others :(

That seems to be a great idea! Zooming in on the old man's face! He had a very sad expression. But I clicked all these pictures with a box film camera, not an SLR with a zoom lens. So, with available resources, that was the best I could have done :) I want to buy a DSLR, so I can have instant results. The thing with film is that, you cannot see the result instantaneously, so if something has gone wrong, you can't help it, and that shot will never come back.

There have been times when I clicked some stuff and felt really happy, only to realize later that they went all overexposed! So, once I have my DSLR, I'll do the kind of photography I've always dreamt of doing! :)

I'll post them when I do, and will wait for your comment then! :)

Tara said...

Hey Brother! Long time! Good to see you back! Yes, now I know how to transfer the pictures...finally! They are all in Black & White, because at the level I am learning photography (basic), I have to work with Black & White only, no color :( Will definitely visit your blog! Don't leave anywhere now...understand? ;D

Nikkita mathur said...

heyaz!!!
so now tara knows how to transfer pics..yeeeeey!!!!!!
*sob* my big gurl...
"bacche kitni jaldi bade ho jate hai pata hi nhi chaltna"...:P hehe
congratulations....
BTW have you heard..BREAKING NEWZ..
now u can click pics in technicolor...new in market..hehe :P
chal cum to my blog..
ive updated..
cheerz!!

Sakshi Arora said...

Yay little girl!

You getting smarter. :P
S.

Sandeep Balan said...

wow tara....u r good at photography as well....da vinvi has some competition at last....he he...i simply loved the old man...zooming in would have given u the expression bt you wud have missed out on the background....which i feel adds to this snap.....too good yaar....i think we will see more of ur works since now u know how to transfer....yey! Cheers!!

Appu is waiting to meet u in my comments box....do drop in to say hiiii...he he....

Tara said...

Awwww Niccku! Thanks dear for that oh-cho-chweet comment! Aakhir aapki beti badi ho hi gayi...finally! Pictures in technicolor...will check that out! Thank you! Maine comment kar diya, dekhlijiye meri ma (quite literally...he he ;)

Tara said...

Yup, little girl getting smarter! Sounds good :) He he..;D

Tara said...

Thanks Sandeep! Presently, am no good at photography, I hope to become a good one with experience! More of my works? Sure! As soon as I complete them, I'll post them :) Glad you liked them and thank you so much for the encouragement! It means a lot :)

S said...

Gr8 that you learnt.. and learnt by experience..ideally ideal way to learn... and the fotographs are too good.. and i luved the one with that old man.. conveys a lot... very expressive :) a foto journalist material..

and learning tamizh is so very easy.. kathuko.. afterall it's your mother tongue.. assistance venumna sollu...anytime.. :)

Cheers..!!
S

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

hey nice pics yaar , especially the one with your friends & zebra wala to sahi hai . keep clicking :D

Tara said...

Nanri S for that lovely comment! I am glad you liked the photos! :) Photo journalist...you really think so? Thanks, that was really sweet! Yup, am planning to learn tamizh soon, but amma's too busy to teach me...and somewhere I think that if I start speaking properly, my entire huge family will lose out on a joke that has been going around for 16 years (I started talking at 2! ;)

Tara said...

Thanks Amrita! I am glad you liked them! Keep clicking...I'll surely do! :)

Poshin_david said...

visit my new post on two lengands of cricket at
http://christopherdavid007.blogspot.com/2008/11/legendary-farewell-for-two-legends.html

I spent alot of time on it and looking forward for your thoughts.

btw I have included the poem you wrote on kumble in the post.

Tara said...

Thanks Poshin! Will check out your new post soon! :)

Diana Sahu said...

The zoo pictures are actually good......but why are all of them in monochrome?

Tara said...

Thanks Diana! I am glad you liked them! They are all in monochrome because at the level that I am learning photography (basic), I have to work with only black & white reels. So that's why!

kiran sawhney said...

great pics. now keep clicking from your cellphone too.

Tara said...

Thanks Kiran! I am glad you liked them! Thanks for coming! Keep coming! :)

Random Ramblings said...

Hi Tara,
You have a nice blog in here...Lovely pics there...i know i get technologically-challengedt too....:(

keep writing,
Nita.

Phoenix said...

you ahve an eye for photography.. and i really mean it girl!

Tara said...

Thanks so much Nita! I am glad you liked them! Sorry for the delay in the response...my computer was feeling unwell, he is much better now! Whoa! One more technologically-challenged (I love the word!) soul here....I have some company! ;)

Tara said...

Thanks Raka! I am glad you liked my photos! :)

Arjun said...

COngrats ..!! A wonderful achievement.. lolz :)

Great pics.. especially the last one.... :)

n ya.. Thanks for visiting my blog... :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Well, technology is not my thing either... although I am not too bad with computers. Come visit my blog at:

http://laurena09.edublogs.org

Tara said...

Thanks Arjun! Yeah, great achievement for me...hehe! The last one, yup, my best print so far...I'll be indebted to those two zebras forever! LOL! ;)

Tara said...

Thanks Lauren! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job done dear... and keep doin it :)

Tara said...

Thanks Devil Incarnate! Am glad. :)