He looks at me sadly every time our eyes meet. He sits there, waiting to be loved. I call him buddhe baba (old man). His eyes cry for that long due retirement, he waits to be set free of burdens. We clean him sometimes, with soap and antiseptic liquid, but that’s almost like dying his hair black, he will still remain old and weak and fatigued. He visits the doctor almost every two months, but we insist that he should work with the same efficiency that he did nine years ago, when he first came to our house. I had fallen in love with him then, love at first sight, I still love him, but may be I am selfish now. He is feeling a little better now, and I want him to work well, for some time at least. I don’t want to let go of him…..my first love, my childhood friend, someone I’ve grown up with.....
I am mean but I love him…….am too attached to set him free……
He, my computer.
54 comments:
first i thought it should be a post on grand dad.. nicely written tara.. thats good..
had a smile in the end... thats what makes great writers.. kudos
beautiful re..never thot it wud be abt ur computer...
well written
so nice of u to give ahuman touch to ur computer:D
lucky old man:D
a toast to our long association with the invention of charles babbage. how life would have been without it *can't think*
Amzing creativity.............................never thought about a pc like that.
:) Tara, I was positive it was going to be a doggie.. :) Nice take at the end! And yes, when we become mechanical, it's time to give that human touch to the inanimate too.. :) I always say sorry to my car when I inadvertently hit a pothole, hehehe.. :)
Nice one!
Thanks Chriz! I am glad you liked it! I tried really hard to maintain the suspense till the end...guess it worked! Thanks for so much appreciation...that too coming from you! :)
Thanks PJ! He he Mission Accomplished! My buddhe baba is blushing now with all the eyeballs that he seems to be grabbing! LOL! :)
Thanks Praveen! Buddhe baba is thanking you! Lucky old man? Don't know. Poor old man? Definitely. :)
Thanks for the information Amrita...didn't know that! Thank you so much Babbage sir, wonder where we all would be without your great invention! Thank you so much! :)
Thanks Poshin! So now, you can think of your computer like that na? Go thank it for working so well for you, ask me how terrible one feels without it! He he...:)
Thank you so much Ushaji! I could guess that people would think that it is about a dog...what with the nine year bit! Human touch to the inanimate? Wow! So, I am not the only one to do that! Amma calls me crazy for that, but now she too, is addicted to this strange habit!
I talk to everything! I tell my toothbrush "Wake up boy! Oh C'mon! No two minutes now!" Hehhee...:)
Hahha...you seem to be really obsessed with ur computer....nice one,tara!
Thanks Nita! Obsessed! Hehhee! Try living without your PC, you'll know how I feel! ;)
Thought u were riting abt ur grandpa!! Then went to dogs!! Then a pet pigeon (aatached 2 set him free) but nwits computer!!! 9 years?? well it bet our college pc's life time!!! Soap to PC?? Lux or Hamam?? Hamam means safety!! Lol!!
poor old man... :-) you must have got his hands or legs replaced with new ones... :-(
he he he
TARA gurlyy!!!
wo-a PC...u know i read it again...quickly if maybe i missed something..but hel..nah!! u wrote all this about ur computer...
very gud..loved reading it...both the times..:P
Thanks Karthik! LOL! Grandpa, dog, pigeon...even I didn't explore so many options! Wow! Soap? Liquid soap diluted in water! :)
Yeah Alagappan! Not many parts, just got his mouse replaced a few months back! We have repaired him like a million (or may be more!) times, but we continue to use him as he was! Thanks for coming! :)
He he Niccku! Nopes, I didn't give any hint of Buddhe baba being a computer! ;) I am glad you liked it and thanks for reading it twice! :)
Poignant. HUGS
Thanks Preeti! HUGS! :)
9 yrs!!!hats off..good post gal..
Thanks Anwesa! I know 9 years long time...it's time for retirement I guess! :)
well put :) the way you describe it...er him...it seems he is a 486 ?
haha.. nice one there...
Came across ur blog randomly.. u got a colorful place.. :)
Cheers..!!
Arjun
You have been tagged :)
http://rambleononon.blogspot.com/2008/11/corridors-of-time.html
I must agree... Can't quite imagine myself without a computer. :( Must be the worst punishment! :D
Another good one...
Peace. Good day.
Thanks Random Reflections! I am glad you liked it! 486, didn't get that? :O
Thanks Arjun! Keep coming! :)
Right Ushaji! It shall be done ASAP! :)
Thanks Kartz! Yeah really the worst punishment, a day without the computer...I'll go crazy! Keep coming! Good Day. :)
:) Votre français est bon..! No worries... You are correct with tht.
Actually... Long time since I conversed with someone in French ;) So... We are in agreement.
Your tribute to Kumble was the first post I read here... Left a comment too.
Thanks for stopping by. Do visit again.
Peace.
Tara : 486 refers to the chip family that is at the heart of your computer. 486 is a really old model dating back at least a decade.
oh well...a joke is no joke if u have 2 explain it :)
well heres another try...for his own sake, bury the old sailor at sea. It'll be hard to find peripherals to keep him company after a while and he'll be lonely.
oh i was so sure you were writing about a dog.. nice.. i liked it :)
good one tara! enjoyed de read!!
Merci beaucoup Kartz! Je suis contente! (Est-ce que je le dis bien?) Been three long years, I touched French! School days...not so long back! Do you mind if I blogroll you? Have been flipping through my long lost French dictionary...LOL!
Ah...finally got the other one Reflections! Thanks for the information anyway! :)
Thanks Another blogger! I am glad you liked it! :)
Thanks Sashu! Thanks for dropping by too! :)
hey!!.. I just came across your blog arbitrarily..I must say this is by far the most melodramatic way in which a PC has been ever described or looked at!!..hehe..I really loved it!!..Especially the "Deception" in the post!!..good work!!
Le retour de la faveur ... :) B'rolling and following this space with your consents.
I think we can do each other a big favour by practicing Français... ;) Am not groping for a dictionary yet... But I ll need to!
Peace.
tara...i cudnt even guess that it cud be ur computer... p
cheers!
hahahahahhahaha
o m g
i was about to write a post on how it happens ... its ok to feel this way and then i went back and re-read..computer.... lol!
Thanks Genesis! I am glad you liked it so much, the "deception" et al! Melodramatic...I am glad that came through...buddhe baba's gone all red here! Hehe! ;)
Merci beaucoup Kartz! Yes, a big favour for sure! Don't think I can be of much help, but you are a great help for me! Thanks...oops...merci! ;)
Hehe Gaurangi! Thanks! Hmmm...kisi ka birthday aa raha hai na? Hehe... :)
Hehe! Thanks Raka! Yup, buddhe baba is my computer! And he's red with all the attention he's getting!
Hey Tara!
I feel the same way... especially because most of my homework happens to do with computers. Anyway, I live in the US. I started blogging in September. My teacher taught us how to use blogs... we use a lot of "computery" things! lol My blog is new so I would appreciate it if you would stop by and leave a comment!
Please visit!
http://laurena09.edublogs.org
Lauren :)
Surprise!!
You clean computer with soap and antiseptic? I thought you were talking about your pet LOL.
BTW it's your childhood friend? So, how long have you been using computers?
:)
Yeah, my best friend Aneesh! For 9 years, Buddhe baba's been with me! Since fourth grade... :)
hey...this is for u...have a look :)
http://scriptedinsanity.blogspot.com/2008/11/award.html
I thought u were talkin abt ur grandpa......... till the end..
veryy well written.. :)
Thanks Devil! LOL! ;)
Post a Comment