Good news! Good news! My sister (cousin) is getting married!! The wedding date is yet to be decided. The nichyadaartham (engagement) is this weekend. I am so happy for her! Yaay! : )
College's going OK too. It seems we are keen on creating a world record of 3 marathon weeks of tests and assignments! As on this date, this marathon should end on the coming Wednesday, the 17th. Hopefully.
Less than a month to go for my exams! And the worst bit is that all the exams are on consecutive days! For someone who hasn't touched the books till now, it's a little hard to digest. My brand new books sit neatly on my study table, giving me that wicked grin! I can almost hear them say "Ab bachke kahaan jaoge?" !
Photography class is drawing to a close too. Sad. The Advance course can wait, I'll do it only after I have the proper equipment. Enough of borrowed SLRs! I don't know what to take up after this is over. Any suggestions?
On the movie front, I caught up with two old classics. Ijaazat by Sampooran Singh Gulzar...that's Gulzar saab, and Khoobsurat by Hrishikesh Mukherjee (One of my favorites)
Ijaazat - A very mature film, perhaps even ahead of its times. Naseeruddin Shah in one of his career best performances. He plays a photographer in the movie. (I could relate to the scenes of the dark room...that's exactly what we do in the photography class) Rekha gives a very subdued performance, very restrained. And Anuradha Patel also chips in with a great act, of the maverick girl. (I could somehow see my reflection in her) The music is by R.D.Burman, and needless to say, great! Khali haath shaam aayi hai is my personal favorite.
Khoobsurat - Another Rekha starrer. I admire her supreme talent, how effortlessly she gets into different characters. Her character in this film is that of a very bubbly, happy-go-lucky and cheerful girl, in complete contrast to the one in Ijaazat. It revolves around a family which is run in a very militarian fashion and how things slowly change. Ashok Kumar Ganguly plays a very sweet character, and Dina Pathak is excellent as the stern mother. The music, again by R.D.Burman is a treat! A very well deserved Filmfare award for the Best film and the Best Actress.
That sums up all that this week was. Have a great weekend! : )
29 comments:
wow!congrats to ur sis!:)nice week i guess;)
haha... ur books are very polite.. ;)
My books have lost hope. They say - Get lost.. lol
Anyway,... Good.. it's always exciting when a marriage in the family is approaching.
And infact even my cousin sister's marriage is fixed.
Nd yeah..!! R.D Burman is a legend....
U speak tamil??
Cheers..!!
Arjun
Congrats for ur sisters marriege:)
i think prayers of ur "BOOKS" have been heard by god :), now u can start praying.al the best for that.
I hav seen khubsurat, very humourous movie indeed.One of the gud ones of 80s.
on photography..do go for the advanced course soon, before u lose touch..
and do study once in a while...ehehe...its a gr8 feeling to advise on things which u've never done yourself:D
gotta chkout the movies:) havnt seen
heyy!!! congratulations...!!!ahh!! marriages in family and those sleepless nights of music and dancing..i just love them..
" For someone who hasn't touched the books till now, it's a little hard to digest. My brand new books sit neatly on my study table, giving me that wicked grin! I can almost hear them say "Ab bachke kahaan jaoge?" !"
bwahaha! its like ur reading my mind and writing..haha..!
have a nice weekend..:D
my cousin was married this sunde,n i had a gr8 tym der.xams-something
wich i shudder dese dez.i havn't seen ijazzat but i thoroughly njoyed khoobsurat.i luvd it.abt fotography,i dunno anything,best of luk gal!
hey wow so miss tara all set to have a fun on the engagements..
i love khubsurat btw really nice and hrishikesh mukherjee films are awesome..
btw can you read and write tamil??? lemme know ASAP :D
Grr Exams Brr Exams !!! Until I started meditating, they were totally anathema to me..not that i like them any more now. Enjoy the wedding !!
khoobsurat is a personal favorite too. Luv those medieval oldies that portrayed a simpler life than the ones our modern day characters have to live thru !
This is for Raka! No, I cannot read and write, but amma and appa can. So you need any help, let me know.
To all the others, I will come back to reply to you all! :)
Thanks Gayathri! Yup. Nice week. :)
Arjun, my books will lose hope by the third year...abhi toh bas shuruat hai! In the third year, they will refuse to open! Wait, that's not a punishment!
Hmm...marriages are really exciting! Oh! Good luck to your sister! :)
And indeed, R.D.Burman is really a legend, such evergreen compositions!
Yes, I speak Tamil because I am a Tamilian!
Thanks Devil! Yes, their prayers have been answered, just hope my prayers are answered now! ;) Indeed, Khoobsurat is one of the best movies of all times! :)
Yup Praveen. Do check out the movies soon...you are missing out on something!
As for the course, I am yet to make up my mind. But I want to do the course well this time. And I want to shoot many more pictures before taking it to a higher level. Hmm...let's see. :)
And yes, I plan to study once in a while, like when I get some free time! LOL! ;)
Haha Niccku! Guess that's the situation with every college-goer! It seems like I just gave my boards, and exams are here again, so soon! :) And wedding time in the family is like a month full of fun! You too have a great weekend! :)
Good luck to your sister too Anwesa! Am hating Exams now! And do check out Ijaazat soon! :)
Haha RR! Indeed they had such an uncomplicated life, I loved Anju and Manju's family in Khoobsurat! All that kaafia milana...how sweet! :)
Best wishews to ur sis....btw.. Nichyadhaartham??? So u a tamil??? Thats surprising...are u????
M eager 2 know this...
Thanks Rajesh! Yes,of course I am a TAMILIAN! What is so surprising yaar? ;)
And Rajesh, if you still have a doubt, read this:
http://gateway-to-my-world.blogspot.com/2008/11/where-i-was-where-i-am-where-i-wish-to.html
It's just a tag, which I hope, will make things clear! :)
Congrats to your cosin..........
cool week u had compared to mine:)
btw...you speak taml..cool (sry bout the misspellings but that's due to my leg:))
Congratulations to your cousin!!..As far as the movies go.. I havent watched either of them. Sholey is the only old hindi movie from the 80's or before that i have seen!! =P
Your books must be sitting on the table and singing to you "zara zara touch me touch me".
Convey my congrats to the Kalyana Ponnu(thats what they say in tamil na!)
Thanks Poshin! Get well soon! Yup. I speak Tamil, don't you? :)
Thanks Genesis! Of course...Sholay! Hate to admit this, but I saw it only last week! :P
But check out movies from the 80s, some are worth gold! :)
Haha Suresh! That was a nice one! Funny! God! My books are blushing now, after all the importance they have got! :P
I shall convey your good wishes to the Kalyana ponnu! (Yup! You got that right! :)
My best wishes to the couple. Am not a movie buff. So... :)
3 marathon weeks eh... Impressive. Well, sorry to shred that to bits. From August 21st to end-Nov, I have taken 70 plus tests/assessments. Lost count, actually.
Anyway, I am sure you'd ve aced them. Bonne chance for the coming exams! :)
Cool... So you are a photography enthusiast? Nice to hear that. I won't call myself an enthusiast, but I love clicking that camera. Will put up the odd snap the next time I face a writers block.
Peace. Be well.
---
Late. Been a tough week thus far. No, not studies. No internet! BSNL velaiye kaatita! Took me back to one of your old posts... Computers... :D
Thanks Kartz! I'll convey it! :)
Hail Kartz Hail! 70 plus tests! I feel so small. And yeah, we have a strike going on right now, an indefinite one...so their vicious plans had to be cut short! ;)
Aced them? Ahem ahem...no comments! Mais, merci beaucoup. Avec un peu de chance, oui. :)
Photography enthusiast. I think I am. Maybe. And yeah, am facing a block as of now, had nothing worth posting, so put up some pictures. Would like to check some of yours too!
See life can be miserable without a PC! Buddhe baba sends you a smile! :)
Mmmm. So, you r not giving your book a company? letting it stay alone.. picking it up only on exam times??
'N Congrats to your sissy...
So, when can I say congrats to you?
LOL
:)
Hehe...Aneesh! My books get company now...otherwise they remain amused among themselves! LOL! And thanks for the best wishes, I'll convey them! :) Saying congrats to me...long long long time to go! Lol! ;)
Post a Comment