Monday, December 15, 2008

Just Random Pictures

On by lanes of Chandni Chowk! For some reason, I like this picture!


Stop Racism!
(Not an original thought, inspired by one of the forwards : )


One of the beautiful giraffes in the Zoo.


The Beautiful Purana Quila.
(I thought it looked better in a slightly sepia toned shade, than Black & White)


Just Pine trees of the Himalayas! Beautiful!





I have always dreamt
of such a shot, just
color pencils, and voila! Here it is! : )










Just another random picture, but I quite like it!

41 comments:

Arjun said...

:) nice... :)
I liked the racism one.... The pine trees too...
But the quila one... The sepia has an overdose there... :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Tara said...

Thanks Arjun! Glad. :)

The sepia effect was done by toning of the photo, and I just didn't take the picture out at the right time. :| Yeah, it has got a heavy over dosage, me a bad doctor! LOL! ;)

Arjun said...

Mee too.. A bad doctor.. A good critic.. ;)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Arjun said...

Nd hey... That picture on the right in ur blog...
It took me so many days and visits to realise that he is Mani Rathnam..... It's him ryt??

Suresh Kumar said...

First shot looks beautiful with a man and his own small world in a busy street.

The quila shot is good one and its like that shot from a movie which says that now we r going for a flashback

The pine trees - How i wish to be a bird and sit on the top of them and observe the visitors

GAYATHRI said...

i liked the himalyas one the most!!know wat i feel our choice says wat we want..well i wanna reach gr8 heights[;)]

Phoenix said...

wow nice pics :)

pencils are my favourite...

Kartz said...

Loved that giraffe pic! :) And the pines too...

Anonymous said...

:)Gud piks..nice wrk dear.
U shud hav taken a close look also of that seller in chadni chowk, sometimes faces r very xpressive u knw, my favourite is the pine trees :)

Tara said...

Thanks Arjun! Am very happy that you are the good critic...good for me na! I am open to criticism. (LOL! That sounds too filmy!)

Yup. That is Mani Ratnam sir, my favorite film maker. Wonder why it took so long? :)

Tara said...

Thanks Suresh! Lovely commentary for the pictures! I'd like to be on the tree too...make some space for me! :)

Tara said...

Wow Gayathri! That's a nice observation...I love the pine trees photo too! I'll pray. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Raka! I like the pencils one too...a dream shot. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Kartz! Glad. :)

I remember when we went to the zoo to shoot, we had to get the giraffe in the sunlight. So we all took some grass and were trying to entice the giraffe. And poor fellow, he came running! Sweet. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Devil! That actually is a nice idea. Will go and check out if he is still there. :)

Arjun said...

It's easier to be a good Critic than to be a bad doctor.... Wat do u say?? hehe.. ;)
I really am no critic.. jus gave ma idea....

In fact, if critics were invited to ma blog, they will build houses there..... I mean, they will be that occupied...

I'm jus leavin crap.. ;)

Cya, Manirathnam fan... Which is ur fav. movie of mani's??
And- "kannathil muthamittal" i guess that's mani's movie ryt... I loved it... Hope i spelt it ryt.. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Tara said...

Hehe Arjun! Yes, maybe. But to make bad doctors into good ones, you need good critics na! Am glad, you gave that idea yaar. Really.

Look at it the other way. Yes, critics will build houses there. And they will be that occupied. They would be searching for what to write, what to say...because there is nothing they can say...everything is just fine. :) (But I liked your sense of humor here. Nice.)

And my Mani sir's favorite? Would have to be Anjali. And yes, I loved Kannathil Muttamittal too...great music, great movie. :)

You understand Tamil?

Priya Joyce said...

hey those were some very niice pics dear

liked it reely

specially the one on racism

:)

Hemanth Potluri said...

first timer :)..those wer some beautiful pictures :)...
urs..hemu..

Anwesa said...

well,i now see the budding photographer..my fav is the trees of himalayas..

Tara said...

Thanks yaar PJ! Hope your exams are going fine. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Hemanth! Glad. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Anwesa! Sweet. :)

Praveen said...

hey..loved tht 1st one a lot.
a real classsic shot..and also the crayons..

Keshi said...

I love random shots, cos they r the best! I hv put up so many pics like these in my blog in the past...I love taking pics of nature.

I love the tree one the best! so majestic and natural.

And the first pic was a tearjerker!

Keshi.

Random Reflections said...

nice vintage look to the pics....very 70s. Did you take them or do u just like them oldies : :)

Nikkita mathur said...

heya!!
nice pics gurl..best will be the first one...the man's contentment in his own li'l world is completely visible..his smile sayz it all...
one ov yhem got overstained rite..:P
;)

Aneesh said...

Trying photography?
Good pics.
Liked the first one and the pine tress..
:)

Tara said...

Thanks Praveen! My photography sir thinks so too! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Keshi! That was a lovely note! Will check out your photos soon. That's nice. Glad. :)

Tara said...

Thanks RR! Of course these are my own dear creations...I take it as a compliment! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Niccku! Glad. :) And yes, the quila one got over stained...:|

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! Sweet. :)

The Genesis of Oblivion said...

Nice pictures!!..The racism picture was phenomenal.. I also liked the last picture!!.."The Grass is greener on the other side" would be the caption that i would give the last picture!! [:D]..The Pine trees photo is beautiful!!

Tara said...

Thanks Genesis! Hehe...nice caption...finally someone liked that picture! LOL! ;)

Kartz said...

Something awaits your ladyship here...

http://kartzonline.blogspot.com/2008/12/award_166.html

And yeah, blog updated at long last!

Arjun said...

hehe... Tara..!! Where did u learn talking crap??? hehe ;)

I know all south indian languages except malayalam..... I tried talking malayalam, but few of my malayalam frnds thought i was making fun of it... so stopped...

The only line i know in malayalam is - " cheta..!! Mg road yavada ponum" or something..

Somebody thought us that when we had been to kochi to ask the route there...

hehe.. Anyway... nandri..!! poyitu vare.. ;)
dont laugh..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

:)
yaar next time se am calling u to take pics.

Tara said...

Hehe Arjun! Some of my friends talk crap here...from them...sangati ka asar hai! LOL! ;)

You know all South Indian languages? WOW! I can barely manage my mother tongue Tamil. I know some Kannada words too...Chennagidiya, Oota maadbitta, solpa...and all after an entire year of staying in Bangalore! And Telugu, I know just Yehmandi Baagaunnaara!

Poyitu kandippa varanum! :)

Tara said...

Sure yaar Amu! :)

seriously_frivolous said...

very well captured...brought out the essence really well...good job!