
In all this spare time, I have thought about something, and am trying to develop the concept in my own way.
There is a little box inside all of us. Let's call it the Jackpot. What lies inside the Jackpot, let's find out.
The Jackpot is individual for every person, it is as personal as ones own fingerprint or toothbrush. The Jackpot contains the magic potion that will help us achieve all that we ever dreamt of.
The recipe for the Jackpot magic potion-
1 tsp of dreams, 1 tsp of talent and 1 tsp of aptitude, all mixed together in the water of happiness and boiled on sim flame of hardwork and Voila! Your very own personal concoction is ready to be used!!
There are three kinds of people.
Category I- People who know what their little box contains and follow it
Category II- People who know what their little box has but something somewhere is stopping them from doing as it says
Category III- People who are unaware of even the existence of the little box
Category I is a happy lot because they are doing what they do best. They are happy and content with the way life is going on.
Category II are not as lucky as Category I. They yearn to be in place of Category I, they want to do as their little box says. Once they get the opportunity to do as per their wishes, they will definitely deliver the best. They are currently the cribbing lot, wanting to be like Category I.
Category III are a confused lot. They don't quite know what they do best, but once they realise it, they would be at par with Category I and II.
There is a difference between being good at something and liking what you are doing.
Being good at a job need not necessarily mean that you like it but once you like a job and you do it, it is bound to turn out good.
So, what are you waiting for, unlock your little Jackpot, go along with it and you will reach that point where you always dreamt of being!!
As Henry Van Dyke put it,
"Use what talent you possess, the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang the best."
16 comments:
oh but i'd LIKE to believe that i dun know the best of my capabilities.
that way wen sum1 is better than me, i could always say i could kick his ass if i really wanted to....even if i couldn't.
That someone who is better than you in something, need not be as good as you in something else. I don't say you have to be the best at what you do, if you are, very good. If you aren't, that's Ok too.
You don't have to be the best at what you do, you could do what you are best at! Nice :) That talent you possess can take you to the heights where you aspire to be!
hey lovely post. nice lil idea :)
excellent idea...
hmm i wonder in which category do i belong...
any way i will try once more...
i loved the quote too...
keep posting..
waiting for more..
take care...
hey tara...
the post is lovely..and also very helpful for someone as messed up as i am...
the best example of my puzzled state...i think im confused even in the category to which i belong...cuz there are few things im doin and im best at..then there are things i want to do but can't ...and lastly there are things i dont knoe tat i hav....but othrs do have told me abt them.........
huh!!!
total mess rite....
welll....all i say is....that the post was totally well writtten...
rock on...
luv:nickku
thanks bro! Didn't know this thought would actually turn out good!
Thanks Man in Painting! A very sweet comment that! To know which category you belong to-just ask yourself
"Am I doing what I always wanted to do?"
*Yes-Category I
*No-Category II, because you know what you always wanted to do.
Simple, isn't it?
Thanks Niccku for that very honest comment!
As for your 'mess', I'd say try out all the things that you can do once, including those that others have told you. Of all these things, just ask your heart which gave you the maximum happiness, which didn't seem like work at all!
Say you choose a talent X (is this getting all mathsy ;).
Now, is X the same as your long term goal. If it is, good (category I).
If it isn't, Ok (Category II).
But as you go along your life trying to attain your long term goal, don't forget that special X on the way because it has the potential to take you to that place of our dreams!
I hope I have explained it well...
So guess u got admission to your favourite course haah?...
I am in category I....i love what i do and i do what i love most...so it gives me the strength and perseverance when things go wrong...esp. when it is not my fault and it is others who are screwing up!
Yes Ela, you are absolutely right! I got admission in my favorite course! No, wait actually. There are four colleges with four drastically different subjects that I can choose from. So, again it has come down to making choices.
I have chosen a course, but it is very difficult to eliminate the rest because I love all. And the best part is, that none of these courses have any link to my long term plan! And that's because my long term plan does not have any UG courses at all!
One confusing life this...
Yeap lady....u really got me confused now...but as long as u get to do what u wanted to do then it is fine!
Ooohh..the little girl has really taken to thinking and boy how nicely!
Its amusing how i have been in all those three categories in the last one year of my life...From the third to the second and now, finally, i can stop whining and envying and bitching and do what i have always wanted to. I just hope i dont disappoint myself and stay in the first category.
;)
What category are you?
And hey! What are you doing now that you over with school? Which college? Which course?
Thanks Ela.....he he!
Awwwww....what a sweet comment Sakshi! Thanks so much! You know, I am *Sakshi-Inspired* these days, so I am thinking a lot more!
Now that school's over,I want to do loads of things. Photography, car driving, film making, learning the guitar and learning paragliding are few among the so many.
As for the category, I currently fall in Category I, doing what I always wanted to do. I plan to do B.A.(H) Economics from Delhi University. There are three more courses vying for my attention, and I am yet to choose...
What's up on your side these days!?
wow!!!was really superb...nice idea.. People can win a JACKPOT if they read and follow ur article : )...blog rolling U :)
Thanks Rajesh for that sweet comment! I just hope everyone wins their Jackpot in this lifetime! Blogrolling you too!
Post a Comment