Sunday, July 6, 2008

Some great words...




When I asked God for strength

He gave me difficult situations to face



When I asked God for Brain and Brawn

He gave me puzzles in life to solve



When I asked God for happiness

He showed me some unhappy people



When I asked God for wealth

He showed me how to work hard



When I asked God for favours

He showed me opportunities to work hard



When I asked God for peace

He showed me how to help others



God gave me nothing I wanted

He gave me everything I needed



- Swami Vivekananda

33 comments:

Rajesh said...

well...nice.. I've this as a wall hanging in my room.. :)

Nikkita mathur said...

hey tara...

gud yaar...as rajesh said even i have it in my room...
small world...

Tara said...

Am I the only one here whose read it for the first time ever?...

I feel so small... :(

GAYATHRI said...

wowowow!!!beautiful words:)

Tara said...

Thanks Gayathri! We need to thank Swami Vivekananda for such inspiring words...

Thana Lekshmi said...

Nice post...

I blogrolled u :)
You'll often see my here from now on :)

Tara said...

Thanks Thanamoi. Will blogroll you too. Would love to see you here often....!

Rajesh said...

blog updated :)...do read...hope u lik it

Aneesh said...

Good one, keep posting :)

Sakshi Arora said...

Talk about small people and you can't miss out on me.
I read it for the first time here.
And well, liked it.
Big words..i am too small to have the wisdom, guts, grit, fortitude, determination and all that is needed to follow that.

:'-(
Too bad.
And dont ask me to try and develop all that(i have a feeling tara was about to say all that..). Not my cuppa tea.

Sakshi Arora said...

How is it that you are always the first to comment on my posts and i fail to reciprocate, everydamnedtime?

Tara said...

Yes Rajesh, will read your post soon.

Thanks Aneesh, keep commenting! ;)

Sakshi, I am glad you read it for the first time too...no one is small, there's something ig in everyone! lol. Thanks for the 2 comments! You see Sakshi, I don't blogroll people, I blog list them. So, my favorite blogs are arranged according to the last date on whch the post was made. So I know very quickly when one of my friends has updated their blog! May be you could try that too!!

Aneesh said...

Thanks Tara for the comments :)

Chandrasekharan said...

I m readin it for the first time!

thanks for posting it...

PS : check www.shakyschronicle.wordpress.com

man in painting said...

great words..
nice post...
me have a new one
do visit...

Rajesh said...

Hi Tara...updated my blog...do read it..

CRD said...

heya.

my faith is a lil weak right now..so i wont comment on the god aspect :P

i guess when someone said god helps those who help themselves, he meant that we shud always help ourselves rather than holler for divine intervention :)

tw updated my blog

ull have to uopdate my new blog url in ur blog, since till yestday all my frnds blogrolls redirected them to my old blog...so ull have to do it again.sorry abt tht :P

its www.scriptedinsanity.blogspot.com
cheers
chris

Priya Joyce said...

ye real great words. but its something only some people give importance to.

Ram said...

Beautiful words ....

Tara said...

Finally I can breathe! An unwell computer can make you feel so cramped....Humph...

Tara said...

You are welcome Aneesh!!

Tara said...

Thanks Man In Painting! Always look forward to your comments!

Tara said...

Thanks Chandrasekharan for the comment. Will definitely check out your blog!

Tara said...

Thanks brother! Really even my faith is a little shaken, as of now. I hope these times pass quickly! Thanks for the comment! I think I have changed your URL already, will check again anyway!

Tara said...

Thanks Priya! Very beautiful and meaningful words those...

Tara said...

Thanks Ram! Couldn't quite believe it was you, well it was YOU. Looking forward to seeing you here more often !!

Tara said...

Yippee....this is the maximum comments I have ever got! Thanks guys you made it possible!

I would like to thank God, my parents and my blogosphere friends who have helped me turn my dream into a reality....lol. One OSCAR speech really!! Ha ha hee hee!!!

Keep up the good work people!!

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘The world through my eyes’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Aneesh said...

Hey thanks for coming back. Be active :)

Tara said...

Thank you so much Ray! That was a very sweet comment, am glad you like my blog! As you said, I have registered on Rambhai.com and well lets see how it goes. Thanks so much for the suggestion. Thanks for so much apprecition, it does wonders to my ego and self-confidence! Stay in touch... :)

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! You'll see me pretty often from now on...!

Arpit said...

some time back...i had these lines as my desktop background...they r really awsome...enlightening and awakening thoughts.....

Tara said...

Thanks Arpit! I know, great inspiring lines! Keep coming... :)