
I have walked a long distance, making choices all along the journey. Now, I trip on a small stone and when I get up to dust myself, I notice that two paths leave this place. A small board which says 18, stands between the two paths.
One path is worn out and smooth. Many people seem to have traveled down it before.
The other path is lush green but full of gravel. It looks unused.
The two paths will never meet and lead to two completely different destinations.
Here I am, at the crossroad of life and the path I choose to take will make all the difference.
This perhaps best explains my state of mind right now. As is apparent, I am a big fan of Robert Frost's poetry. There is a certain depth and meaning in each of his masterpieces. Every word is meant to be where it is and nowhere else. And every time you read his poems, you get a completely different meaning. And they fit in so beautifully into different situations.
Just hope I find my solution soon enough! :)
14 comments:
hi frn...
nice blog and post....
keep going..
show ur presence on my blog too by leaving a msg or a comment
thnx
neeraj
http://neeraj4frnz.blogspot.com/
just ask ur heart and follow it! it may not be a smooth ride but at the end u will be happy that u lived ur life!
Yes Ela, I totally agree with you. Maybe, I should just follow my heart!
Here, I remember a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
hey thts a lovely post tara. u truly are in the middle of a crossroad, the path u choose cud make or break your life. so choose wisely. :)
thnx for commenting on my blog..uve got a lovely blog.
ive made a new orkut community for bloggers . id like to invite u to join it. its pretty interactive and is a nice way to get ur blog out there for others to read.
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=51446226
atleast have a look
keep posting
cheers
Chris
Thanks Chris. Yes it can make or break my life, really. I've never really made such a big decision ever, and I know a huge responsibility lies on my shoulders.
Thanks for the blog thing. I am not a member of Orkut. I tried creating my profile, but it just doesn't seem to accept it? As soon as I become one, i'll be there.
Cheers
Tara
This crossroads poem... I think i read that wen i was in my 7th...probably the only poem by ROBERT FROST that i've read!!!!
unga comparisiona paathu I think I may read some more of him...
If my post can make someone read Robert Frost, then nothing like it !!
Thanks for the comment Siddhu :)
yes, that poem by robert frost is lovely. i sure hope whatever dilemma you're going through is sorted out soon enough. :)
thanks for droppin by my blog! :)
Yes busy-writer, that dilemma is kinda sorted out now, and a clearer picture is emerging slowly. I just hope, I take the correct decision, because eventually only we are responsible for what we make of ourselves, right?
It was refreshing.Great to hear Frost and Emerson again..
"Tell me your mood O'patient stars
Who climb each night the ancient sky
Leaving on space no mark(?) no scars
No trace of age , no fear to die
( I have forgotten some parts.apologies..)
But i remember it was emerson...
Thanx a lot.
me too blog
do visit.
Thanks man in painting. I know Mr. Emerson has given us some really beautiful quotes, really memorable ones. I have this habit of writing down beautiful quotes, had this one there. Thanks!
hi juz finish reading ur blog..it is quite interesting..
keep up e gd werk..
do view my blog..
hee..
tkcre aites...
Thanks Mia! Keep commenting!
Post a Comment