Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Conversations with God

As you got up this
morning, I watched you
and hoped you would
talk to me, even if just a
few words, asking my
opinion or thanking me
for something good that
happened in your life
yesterday. But you were
too busy, trying to find
the right outfit to wear


When you ran around
he house getting ready,
I knew there would be a
few minutes for you to
stop and say hello, but
you were too busy to do
so………At one point for
15
minutes you had nothing
to do- you ran to the
phone and called a friend
to get the latest gossip…


I noticed that before
lunch you looked
around, and I thought
may be you felt embarrassed
to talk to me, that is
why you didn’t bow
your head. You glanced
three or four tables over
and you noticed some of
your friends talking to me
briefly before they
ate, but you didn’t.
But there is still more time
left, and I hope that you
will talk to me yet


You went home and after
a few chores you turned
on the television set
I waited patiently again as you
watched TV and
ate your meal, but again
you didn’t talk to me.
Bedtime I guess you felt
too tired. After you said
good night to your family
you got into bed and
promptly feel asleep……
You know, I’ve got
patience, more than
you will ever know.



I love you so much that
I wait everyday for a nod,
prayer or thought. It is
hard to have a one-sided
“conversation”. Well,
you are getting up once
again. And once again
I will wait, with nothing
but love for you.
Hoping that today you
will give me some time.

Have a nice day !!


I found this piece somewhere. Beautiful, isn’t it?

2 comments:

Nikkita mathur said...

hey tara!!

this is actually a very good piece...
and a lot helpful for me..bcuz i can seriusly relate to the person mentioned..

as u said that somtetimes in the humdrum of life we forget thanking all those who have been important to us..important and helpful...thats wat god has always been for me...

and as said in the poem..he loves me so much..that each day he does something good for me..inspite of my negligence..but now i think i should work everything out with him...

i hope he will forgive me for being so ignorant..

take care..
luv :nickku

Tara said...

Thanks Nickku

My my, you talk like a matured girl already!! Way to go girl... ;)