Friday, April 11, 2008

Hi
Sorry for not posting for so long. I have been busy doing nothing, literally. Main aur meri TV aksar baatein kiya kartein hain, except it's the TV that does all the talking.

To make my life a little 'more' interesting, I have been making a scrapbook. Digging up old stuff to find interesting items has been real fun. My scrapbook has all sorts of things- my photos arranged in a chronological sequence, the wrapper of my first Ferrero Rocher, my school identity cards, the kiddish poems I ever wrote, my favourite quotes, an article on Irfan Pathan which has the headline "Bowling maiden overs and bowling maidens over", the first day first show ticket of Saawariya, pictures of my favourite celebs, birthday cards,................

Making a scrapbook is a great idea. It not only makes you relive those precious moments, also they are preserved for the future. It's almost like leaving a legacy behind, for the whole world to see. Ten years down the line, it would be beautiful to see how you've evolved and matured through the years.
So, go on and capture those wonderful moments and things of your life and I can assure you, it will be worth it !!
I also want to try my hands on other hobbies. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

m said...

I do have the habit of collecting the old things....like tickets, notes by friends and so on...definetly on some time they give a smile when one comes across them accidentally.

Otherwise i spend my time in reading, bicycling and growing plants. It is a pleasure to see made growing and flowering with one's hands.

Otherwise these days i am only too happy to use the free time to sleep! So no proper suggestions could be given...sorry!

Tara said...

Thanks Ela. You know, like a little girl, I look forward to seeing "1 comment" every time I log in. It is really very encouraging, and its nice to know that I'm included in your "Blogs I munch on", an honour indeed for a newbie like me.

Be good! Be happy!

Sakshi Arora said...

Hey...
you know what girl..we have quite a few things in common. I still have the wrapper of my first rocher..and the ticket o that first movie i saw without my parents..(i have never seen a first day first show:( ) and yea..even i look forward to those comments on the blog page! Its so much fun. [:p]

by the way..i really liked this whole idea of making a scrapbook...I have a scrap-bag(if that is anything at all! lol)and it has old letters(the paper is yellowing) and cards and realllyy old newspaper cuttings..its nice browsing thru them..and it makes me cry.

Anyways, i really like reading you
And sorry for bugging ya with such a long comment, which is quite senseless really.
=)
Sowieee.
Luv
Sakshi

Tara said...

Thanks Sakshi, its always fun reading your comments, to know what your contemporary and friend thinks of you.

Ciao and love
Tara..(I have developed a fetish for Ciao....dunno why ;)