Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Child!


Time moved slowly
My breath was heavy
Sitting on the bench outside
Waiting, and waiting
The glowing red bulb
only added to my agony

With every shriek
with every cry
My heart bled
"Hope she's fine"
I prayed
"Yes. She is."
I reaffirmed.

The wait was over
A lady in white
pressed my shoulder
"Congratulations! It's a girl!"
Ah! The sweetness!
Those words chimed in my ear.

I ran inside
The relief, the happiness
the excitement of a little child
merging seamlessly
forming a heady concoction
of ecstasy.

There was the girl
I loved the most
and beside her
was the little angel
A piece of paradise
wrapped in white.

She was the most precious to me
I loved her now even more
Respected her even more
Worshiped her even more
Because she has become
A mother. A creator.

She lay calm
Peace, joy, relief
Wonder, jubilation, content
danced on her face
as she closed her eyes
to soak in the nectar.

I looked at the little angel
Felt the higher power around
"Gone on her father" I smiled
"The same sharp nose, and
the same small eyes"
The gentleman nodded proudly.

Hearing my voice
the girl opened her eyes
Those fulfilled eyes
"Papa" she whispered
There, she is my daughter
Ah! The sweetness engulfs me!

-27/01/09

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely one tara...

i would say this poem sooner...

:)

and nice way of writing funnel poetry with that centre alignment..

Arjun said...

wow wow.... Great writing..!!

A piece of paradise
wrapped in white.
I liked that line... :)
See... u wrote it.. :) :) I told u.. ;)

So, this was ur assignment eh??

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Nikkita mathur said...

wowo tara!
this is so wonderful....
being a mother is one of the greatest gift GOD has given TO A WOMAN...
although um not a big tagged feminist or something...but...

WOW!!!! I AM A WOMAN!
cheerz!

Preeti said...

superb lines there. I efel a woman looks most happening wqhen she delivers a baby, and a man becomes complete when he holds the bundle of joy on his shoulders. Cheers

Kartz said...

B-E-A-YOUUU-TY-FULLL!

Has to be one of your *best*, right out of the top draw!

Hats off...

Peace.

Praveen said...

gr8 poetry..
all the feelings captured brilliantly with apt words!

Sashu... said...

lovely...! tara, this is such tender joyful poetry!!

Suresh Kumar said...

The joy of being a parent. Hmm... Bringing a new soul into the life.

Tara said...

Thanks Chriz!

"I would say this poem sooner..."...What do I make out of that? I can smell something for sure! ;)

Funnel poetry...yes, nice observation, though I didn't try it intentionally, just came out that way! :)

Tara said...

Thank you Arjun! :) No, I didn't write it, my pen just moved that way! Full credit goes to my pen! :) After completing my assignment, I wrote this...the side effects of studying! :P

Tara said...

Thank you so much Niccku! Indeed, the greatest gift given by God...ain't it beautiful! We have the power to create a new life! Amazing! :) Three cheers to Womanhood! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Preetz! Good to see you back! :) Wow! A beautiful thought there girl! :)

Tara said...

Thank you Kartz! Really a big thank you there! :) And this coming from a wonderful poet himself makes it all the more special! *See...I can be nice too!* :P

One of my *best*? I barely have a handful to choose from! :)

And marandhudaathe, put that hat back! :D

Tara said...

Thank you so much Praveen! Wonderful words there! :)

Tara said...

Thank you Sashu! What a beautiful note! Thank you truly! :)

Tara said...

Wonderful Suresh! Just the way you put it was so beautiful! Very glad for that and thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely tribute to a mother! I loved the flow of the poem! Keep the great words flowing! Cheers!

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

thats so sweet .
you know people write so many posts /poems about how fathers don't accept the girl child.
yours was such a refreshing one.:)
really good one.

Old Monk said...

Landing of a new life to this world....Beautifully written. Surely a tribute to motherhood....but what the waiting father undergoes and the joy he feels on being told that his baby has born has been perfectly noted..lovely.

Anonymous said...

i wrote my funnel poetry... thats what i said.. check it out in my page :)

jack said...

hey tara that was really wonderful, its amazing feeling this for every women
and you caught that essence really well..brilliant

Aneesh said...

on the way to become a matured poetess, tara?
Side effects of studying? LOL
I wonder why I didn't have such side effects? May be I didn't study that much as you did.
:P

Anyway, a nice poem there :)

Tara said...

Thank you Rampant Heart! Very beautiful words there! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Amu! Very glad that you liked it! :)

Tara said...

Thank you Old Monk! Wonderful words there, and am glad I could get the emotions right! :)

Tara said...

Yes Chriz, good poetry there! And sorry, all because of my overactive mind! :D

Tara said...

Thanks Chintan! Glad you liked it...and good luck with your exams too! :)

Tara said...

Hehe Aneesh! Very glad! :) Thank you! Matured poetess? A very long way to go still! Hopefully, on the way! :)

siddhu said...

congrtas TARA-a nice poem once again!!!
A lady as a creator-of life...this was superb!!!

Tara said...

Nanri Siddhu! Very glad. :)