Thursday, January 22, 2009

My friends did it too...

On the way to college
In the bus
Bought a five rupee ticket,
Not seven
"Wow! Saved two rupees!
My friends did it too!"

Danced my way to college
Knew there was a test
"Ah! No worry! I have chits!
My friends did it too!"

Aced the test
Felt jubilant
Sweet talked someone
Into a favour
"Great! It worked!
My friends did it too!"

Flipped my way back home
"Saved another two rupees!
Brilliant collections for a first timer!
I am so excited!
My friends did it too!"

Walked in with my souvenirs
Two five rupee tickets,
A chit with scribbled answers,
And
The notes of the class topper.
Feeling thrilled
A sense of achievement, almost.

Stuck the tickets
On the mirror
"The first day's loot!"
I said, smiled.
"My friends did it too!"

I looked at the person
I cared about the most
She looked at me
And sneered.

I had done it too.


An impromptu piece, written this morning, completely unedited. I can't think of a proper title for it...help needed! And no, it's not on me, it's not on anyone. Just a random thought. Please don't stone me for this! : )

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved it.. you sweet talking thief

Tara said...

Hehe Chriz! Thanks. :)

Unknown said...

Sweet!!
It made me smile. :-)

gaurangi said...

ohhhh
its shoo shweet:)
cheers!

Faith Lasts said...

Whatever it is!!! It is very cute just like you..
But I would love some elaboration on it from you
:-)

Anwesa said...

its beautiful!luvd it..

Tara said...

Thanks CG! Glad. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Gaurangi! Sweet. :)

Suresh Kumar said...

You want a name

How about 'Partners in crime'... then it seems bit too unrealistic.

How about 'I am Not Alone'

anyway a cute poem.

Tara said...

Thanks Bhawana! Only you have the patience to deal with my nonsense! ;)

Well, it was meant to be the story of one day in the life of a girl, about what all she did during the day, and how in the end, she looks at her own reflection, and something pinches her, and she feels pangs of guilt. That was what it was "meant to be"!! ;)

Tara said...

Thanks Anwesa! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Suresh! :)

Nikkita mathur said...

wo wo tara ji..that was such a BEAUTIFUL POEM...felt a tinch of mischiviousness in the feeling it creates around the reader...TARA-TYPES..
totally rocking!
cheerz!
n yes!! we are friends...nah! BUDDIES..RITE..?
well i agree to suresh here...'partners in crime' totally fits the sense..
love:buddy!

Phoenix said...

nulla post! :)

amazing!! i simply loved it!! super duper poem!

i appreciated ur poem
my friends did it too!!!

Usha Pisharody said...

:) I did it Too!!! I mean for the Title.. lol

Nice nice nice.. :)

Arjun said...

'and I flunked...My friends did it too'.... hehe

hey, this was nice yar... Enjoyed it thoroughly...

n y r u still thinking abt exams??...very bad habit... :D
pavam pavam....:P

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Tara said...

Thanks Niccku! Oopsie...thanks buddy! ;)

Tara said...

Thanks Raka! Someone's learning Tamil here, I can see! ;) Nallathu! (Means good.)

Tara said...

Thank you so much Ushaji! Yes, better title. :)

Tara said...

Haha Arjun! ;) Thanks! :) Exam bootham erangarthe ille, enna pannardhu? Romba pavam...siva siva! Hehe!

Arjun said...

exam bootham yengallakellam erave eradu... erengara prachanaye varadhu....

unga maadri buddisaali pasanga da eppome exam patti yochitirpinge..!!

P.S- My longest tamil dialogue till date... Hope u understood...

Kartz said...

*ahem*

:) Shhweeet...

Peace.

Priya Joyce said...

hey tat was sweet and naughty

:)

Rajesh said...

THIEF!!!!! MISCHIEVOUS!!!! Loved reading...

Old Monk said...

Hey,this is really full of energy. Good one.

jack said...

hey nice one, had a reflection of MISCHIEVOUS you :)..
was smiling when i finished reading...

well was out of touch exams going on :(
keep writing
cheers

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

that was really cute one!

Aneesh said...

wow! that was just awesome...
Again... sweet school memories...
And all I can say is that I did these things too... but I never sticked it on to a mirror.
Superb one...
:)

siddhu said...

sweet poem!!!!!feelin nostalgic!!!

Tara said...

Hehe Arjun! Yaaru varsham muzhakku aatom potundhaalo, avaalke dhaane exam bootham erum, padichavallukku enna!! :P Hope, I got all that right, my Tamil's certainly not the best... :)

Tara said...

Thanks Kartz! :)

Tara said...

Thanks yaar PJ! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Rajesh! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Old Monk! :)

Tara said...

Hey Chintan! Good to see you back and thanks. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Aparna! :)

Tara said...

Thanks Aneesh! Glad. :)

Tara said...

Thanks Siddhu! Good to see you back! :)

S said...

Nice cute Poem you "thirudi".....!!! :P
Romba padicha ipdi taan.. arai koraya padichalum ipdi taan.. ithuku taan naanga padikkave illa.. sure ah flunk taan nu terinjapram... y all this... ;)

Cheers..!!
S

P.S: Made me smile... brought all my coll memories back.!!! Thanks...

Tara said...

Hehe S! I can't believe I understood everything! :P Nejamma thaan...why all this? Nekku naraiya lessons kadechuduthu! Nanri! ;)