Am back! With not quite a bang! Finally my exams got over yesterday and a bad internet connection stopped me from blogging. But incessant phone calls to the internet wale uncle did the trick!
Exams went off decently well, two of them were good, the rest, never mind!
A very belated Happy New Year to all you guys! And will check your blogs ASAP! There's lot to catch up on! : )
And wrote this little piece during one of the exams...during those 3 hours!
The lone eagle
Flying up above
Like a string less kite
No bondage. No ties.
For in the world of blue,
Those who fly alone are few.
Flying up above
Like a string less kite
No bondage. No ties.
For in the world of blue,
Those who fly alone are few.
I couldn't quite complete it, so any of you who'd like to contribute are welcome.
My sister's wedding has been fixed for the May 15, in between my main exams! And because the date has been fixed by the traditional horoscope method, there is no scope of postponing it too! Humph! : (
And here are some nichyadaartham pictures...
Have the cake and eat it too!
PS- A proper post will follow soon! : )
50 comments:
Thanks to the internet wale uncle :) Good to see your bubbly self back again :)
And congratulations to your sister and the family :) Doesnt matter that the wedding is in the middle of exams, you'll have a blast all the same :) Are you next in line? LOL!
Lovely sister, and lovely pics too :)
The lone eagle
Flying up above
Like a string less kite
No bondage. No ties.
For in the world of blue,
Those who fly alone are few.
How lonely it must be there
I wonder, wistfully, for that lone soul...
But then, a stray uplifting thought
Lifts my heart up high, as I muse...
For, do they not say, the Seers
That alone we come, and alone we fly?
The Price of Freedom paid in full
How else would it, the Soul within,
So pure, so filled with light, so divine
Ever soar, if tied, as you or me,
Bounden and breathing, seeking to just
Exist.
Not fly.
Not free.
Like that Eagle.
Oh my!
The invitation was too tempting!
:) Stone me if you must :) Couldn't help myself.. :)
AH! God Bless the lovely couple!!
And welcome back my diamond :-)
Oh my God! Thank you so much Ushaji! Those lines were lovely, created pure magic! Very very glad! Truly! :)
Stone you? Heights of modesty I tell you! ;)
Thank you! Hope to have a blast! Me next in line? Not for the next at least 10 years!!
And once again, thank you, am really honored that you took out time for this! :)
Aww! Thanks Bhaw...oops...my dearest South Indian Kudi!! :)
nice to see u back in action
and nice set of words there..and that too in exam hall...hheehehe..u r trying to go my way?:P
and Ushaji's addition to those lines..just superb
and yeah...nice pics:)
Bienvenue madamoiselle! Comment va-tu? :)
Enjoy your break. I am sure it has been well-earned.
Warm felicitations to your sister and her beau on their betrothal. They sure do make a lovely couple.
New Year greetings to you and yours...
Peace.
@Usha Ma'am
*hats off!*
welkum back girl... and hope all went well.. your athaan loooks smart.. great couple...
wah ji badhai ho badhai ho :D
hey,ur back!!ur poem is gud n pics too!
Hey nice 2 have u back :) :)
Good good...nice pics...
Ahh..!! Nice snaps.. Good old south indian nichyadartham..!! :)
The couple look gr8... :)
And hey, nice poem u wrote there.. Did u write that on ur last exam or the first one??? curious to know.. lolz :P
n hey.. u thr on orkut??
Leave ur id on ma blog na.. :)
Cheers..!!
Arjun
Your sister is sooo pretty!!! Congsie!!! And good to have you back :) Get cracking girl and prepare nicely for your exams beforehand.. (ok, i am being a preacher who doesn' follow the advice she gves but really..whatever)
and nice poem there UP! :)
S.
Welcome back :)
All the best wishes for your sister.
Aww... these horoscopes?
Well, happy exam and happy marriage.
:D
Et tu Praveen?! LOL! ;)
Thanks. Glad. :)
Merci Kartz! Je suis tres bien! Comment allez-vous? Esperons que vous etes bien! (I doubt how far the last sentence is correct?) :)
What break yaar? No break. I had college the very next day! :\
Ushaji est un tres bon poete, n'est-elle pas? Elle a fait mon stupide lignes semblent bonnes! Elle est si gentille!
PS-I really hope I got all that French right. Am having such a hard time with it! Do let me know. :|
Thanks Chriz! Yes, everything went off fine! He looks smart na? I know! After all he is my jiju! ;)
Shukriya Amuji! :)
Thank you so much Anwesa! :)
Thanks Rajesh! :)
Hehe...thanks Arjun! :)
The poem was written during the sixth exam (and that's far from being the last exam mind you!)...as it is I didn't know much stuff, had to while away time too! So the six lines were a product of my utter boredom! ;)
Pretty na Sakshi? Aakhir behen kiski hai! Lol! ;) Waah! Waah! Even I love to tell my friends to buck up, when it is me who needs all those lessons! Who doesn't like preaching!
But, I will listen to your advice and prepare well this time. :)
Thanks Aneesh! Indeed, these horoscopes! Grr... :)
yay!! ure back!!! n my my arnt i glad!!!
btw u had been awarded incase u missed it!!
http://waves-of-light.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-awards.html
welcome back.
wishes
mip
ur 6th exam was far from the last one?? My god..wat exams r those??
No wonder u wrote the poem.. :P
Cheers..!!
Arjun
Awww! Thank you Raka!! Yes, I have collected the awards, thank you dear! :)
Thanks MIP! My love to baby B! :)
Hehe Arjun! :) I have 8 subjects, so the 6th is not exactly so far from the end! I just exaggerated! :P No wonder, really. :D
Can feel the exam pressure is off ! Congrats to your sister and her fiancée - a nice couple they make !
Thanks RR! Finally the pressure's off for the time being, it returns in greater measure in May! :)
Usha ma'am - feminine... So - une and bonne. :)
Anyway, it's fine enough for me to make out what you wanna say. ;)
Take care. And ozhunga padi... :P *vanishes before she replies*
Peace.
ur sis looks very beautiful
wonderful piece. i really get creative like u during exa times..lol
bck with a bang!!!!!!nice post!!
n congrats to ur sis!!!!
Merci beaucoup Kartz! Hehe! Good you vanished or else...! Take care. Be good. Be happy. :)
Hehe Aparna! Welcome on board! :P Ain't she beautiful...she's my sister after all! Lol! :D
Nanri Siddhu! Idhu 'bang'aa...pochu po! :P See am getting better at Tamil...ok, atleast am trying to! :D
You wrote a piece during the exam :) !!
Here are a few lines that came up .
The lone eagle
Flying up above
Like a string less kite
No bondage. No ties.
Up against the vast blue sky
Like a spider's web that just caught a fly
Its wings glisten against the rays of the sun
That royal silhouette is a sight to behold
As I strain my eyes over the horizon to see
Is it one or it it infinity
For in the world of blue,
Those who fly alone are few.
Be good? :D Of course I am... *can't you see his innocent eyes*
And enna "or else..." :P Merrattala? :P
:) *snicker*
Peace.
Thank you so much Random Reflections! Really sweet of you to have taken out the time! Really honored. :)
"Is it one or is it infinity"
Lovely. :)
Thank you once again! Jai Gurudev! :)
Hehe Kartz! Ayyo paavam kozhandai! Tch tch... :P
Alright, this time just be happy. ;)
ya.ur tamil is ok now:-)
& u still have that comment pending-remember????
Am so relieved! Finally, konjamavadhu Tamil improve aache! And yes, nekku nyaabagam irukku! Aana andha post Tamil-le irundhudhu, so I'll have to learn to read Tamil too before I can comment. :)
All this is the outcome, of a Tamil movie I watched recently...Thavamai thavam irundhu. I started off pretty confidently but later, had to watch it with subtitles as I could not get the hang of what was happening! Better late than never, I guess. :)
God bless the Lovely couple and welcome back!!! :) Its seervarisai (varisai na arranged in rows)
Thanks Karthik! I know I have been very irregular at your blog...sorry yaar! Just a little busy off late. And thanks for the Tamil help too...seervarisai, I'll remember! :)
Ha ha... never mind tara... better stay away frm my blogs.. already many have damaged brains!!! :P
Hehe Karthik! I already possess a massively damaged brain, so not a problem there! :P
Post a Comment