I looked outside
the shut window
through the tinted glass
"What a view!"
I thought.
A beautiful dream.
The window shattered
and the pieces
pricked my heart
as I sat, scared.
Dreamless,
with those pieces
of tinted glass
I slowly walked upto
that broken window.
Hesitantly crawling
with my bleeding heart.
I looked outside
once again.
No more of
the tinted glass.
I gasped.
"What a view!"
and that curve
returned.
The view of the new
world through
the same window.
That broken window.
I looked at those pieces
one last time
and thanked them
silently.
-Tara
25/03/2009
In memory of that date 23/05/2008, a date that would be difficult to forget, but a date that perhaps, made me whatever little I am today. A day when life seemed to be of little value.
In the eyes of the world, I may not have won. But I know, I haven't lost either.
In the eyes of the world, I may not have won. But I know, I haven't lost either.
---
Feels good to be back in blogville! And B2 is feeling better now, touch wood! Please give me a little time, there's so much to catch up on! The wedding was great, had loads of fun with my newly discovered cousins! Rest in next, need to catch up on some sleep. : )
30 comments:
may 23rd or march 25th.. what happened? nice poetic flow... but why sullen?
chriz
heyyy wat happened on this day??
the poetry rokked....par aap dukhi hei??
kyuu
well abt the wedding.....u already told me.
thoda rest karo..warna...u'll go crazyy :P
nice to see u bakk....lagta hei jaise kumbh ke mele bhi bichdi hui behen mil gayi :P
cheers to lyf:)
the poem was beautiful.poignant.
touching.
but i sense melancholy here.
nice 2 kno abt B2 n d wedding xperience!
Loved it. It's beautiful, the sadness. Seems anyone can read their own life into it. :-)
sometimes some events are such that they change our perspective towards life.
btw the poem was very nice , almost made me visualize the whole situation. that's the beautifulness
of it , its so simple yet so poignant .
keep writing.
:)
What happened on 23-5-2008 that made you write such a nice poetry?
Presume, after some rest, you will be back with marriage pics...
beautiful poetry...lovely title too! got mah attention so soon! :) loved de flow f de write!! :)
n hey whoz weddin? ya got married, is it? :O :D need updates tara!! hehe!! n yea, wats special abt de 23rd?? :P
what actually happened...cudn't really conenct it to anything in particular although I loved it as a standalone poetry
beautiful poem as always
but i love the optimism in these lines...
In the eyes of the world, I may not have won. But I know, I haven't lost either.
simply brilliant... :) and WELCOME BACK!!! i missed you..
Welcome back Tara ! Look forward to those zesty , energetic posts full of fun ! And wedding pics of course !
Hey first timer here...nice writing...but what's with the dates? you leave my imagination going crazy figuring out their prominence :P ..
Cheers! :)
I looked out of the shut window
Couldnt see anything
Hence I threw open the window
And i let my daa in
yeyyyyyyyy...welcome back daa...back...back...back...n how!! i had no clue that my birth in blogpuram had such a devastating effect on your psyche (23rd may 2008).....he he...joking :-)
exams over.....now party
time....yenna chinna rascala? :-)
add me on gtalk daa...sandeepbalan83@gmail.com...before either of us disappears from blogpuram again :-)
n yaa..muthuswamy will return...Amen!
the poem was awesome tara...but wat hapen on the day yaar..
urs..hemu..
Welcome back.....
And nice poem, really like it...
Thanks Chriz! :) May 23, 2008 it is, but wrote the poem on March 25, 2009. Well sullen because I got my CBSE Board Exam results on that day. :)
Thanks re PJ! :) That day I got my results yaar, that's why a little sad. Haan behna, seriously Kumbh ke mele mein bichdi hui behen! :D
Thank you so much Anwesa! Your words really mean a lot to me. :) Yes, a tinge of melancholy, I guess that turns into optimism towards the end. :)
Thank you Akhil! Coming from such an able poet himself, means a lot to me. :)
Thank you Amuji! :) And a wonderful note there! :) Yes, such events happen and in the end, one is almost glad they happened. :)
Thanks Suresh! :) On that date I got my CBSE Board exam results and that made me sad. Marriage photos in the waiting! :)
Thank you so much Sash! :) Coming from you...means a lot. :) On the 23rd of May last year, I got my Board exam results. But it sounds silly now...to give such a small event so much importance. :) As for the wedding, it was my sister's wedding, and had loads of fun there! :) My wedding...keep waiting buddy! :D
Thanks Praveen! :) Well, got my CBSE Board Exam result that day, that's why the sadness. :)
Thank you so much Raka! Missed you too girl! :) And feels really good to be back. :)
Thanks RR! Yes, feels good to be back! :) And photos on their way! :)
Hey Mon Espace! Welcome to my space and hope to see you here often! :) The date, last year on the 23rd of May, I got my CBSE Board exam result, but it sounds silly now! :) Nothing else to it. :P
Hehe Sandeep! :) Sweet verses there yaar! :) Yes, your birth in blogpuram is responsible for this poem! :P On that day, I got my CBSE Board exam results, but it sounds extremely silly now that I attributed so much importance to such a petty issue! :) Party time aa? Yeah...once I feel better. :) Ok aa daa periya rascala? :D
Thanks Hemanth! :) Well, got my CBSE Board exam results, so that made me a little sad. :)
Thank you so much Posh! Am not even wondering who this could be! :P
Funny how shattered tinted glass makes things seem more interesting...
Nice structure to it. I likes!
Thank you NesQuarX! :)
Post a Comment