
Each morning, the newspaper boy drops The Times of India at our doorstep. I wait for the thumping sound and rush to collect it. Without even glancing at the headlines, I rush to page 29 and 30 of the main paper, my eyes searching for a certain name.
Bobilli Vijay Kumar, that's the name.
He is a sports journalist with the Times of India, and does not write daily and that perhaps makes the wait worth it as each of his article outdoes the previous one.
He mostly follows a certain style of writing. He starts off with one thought, and goes on to explain that thought and other related things. In the end, he comes back to the thought he started with, thus forming a full circle.
His style is not using flowery words and intimidating the readers but to use simple words and yet convey his message, subtly yet forcefully.
The effect of his writing does not start immediately, but you realize how true the words were, when you finish and the thought lingers on.
I tried to adopt that style into my writing too (which is restricted to any writing assignment at school). It has yielded good results so far and I have tried it in my Board exam too and hope it brings me luck.
Thank you sir, for entertaining and enlightening us. I have immense respect for your craft and hope to enjoy and learn from many more of such masterpieces.
As I write this, the newspaper boy has come and I have to go.
5 comments:
Hmmm...the power of words...just one has to master it and then can sway the rest of the world with it!
Thanks Ela,
It is very encouraging for an amateur blogger like me :)
Hello!!
Nice page there.
And lemme just say it feels great to find a BVK fan who's just the same age as me!
Girlie u write really nicely n um sure u'll come out wid flyin colors in these exams
Good Luck!
Sakshi
Thanks Sakshi
Nice to find a BVK fan of my age in the blogosphere :)
Lots of love
Tara
Hey Tara
Thanks for that comment.
I copied your idea of writing about BVK..
Um sooo sorry!! But the whole thing was too tempting to resist.
I hope you wont mind it much
Do take a look at it whenever you have the time.
Take Care
Sakshi
Post a Comment